Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

loyalty points????

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was on 1362. I am now on 1180.

If it's 50% of the non-season ticket points from the previous season, I should be on 1181.

I've been screwed out of one loyalty point!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Statement on website. Talk about over thinking it, I'll read it again in the morning!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club acknowledged the mess up, was meant to happen after the press release.

System seems ok to me? Regular attendees are rewarded. You can't have a system that never expires, else you won't attract new fans.

Fair play and at least we know where we stand from now on !

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
So they finally tell us about point deductions, wonder if they'll ever get round to telling us why it's reasonable? We earned those points, how is it reasonable to just take them away without explanation?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I think we should get given points for renewing, that's my only gripe with it, give us 200 points or something

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think we should get given points for renewing, that's my only gripe with it, give us 200 points or something

You do, you get 1,000 rather than 0!

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Does seem a tad harsh people not getting a little something extra for renewing. But I guess your never going to please everyone.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
i think they've done it almost the best they can have done, it looks like they've put a lot of thought into it to try and make it as fair as possible. it's never going to be 100% perfect and somebody will always probably feel they are getting treated unfairly but i think it is nearly impossible to make it perfectly fair.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Moaning about a system that rewards loyalty to those that attend more away games, whatever next ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So they finally tell us about point deductions, wonder if they'll ever get round to telling us why it's reasonable? We earned those points, how is it reasonable to just take them away without explanation?

Why should someone who has stopped coming have more priority than current attendees? If I kept my points from last season, and didn't renew, I'd have 1362 points. If we draw Man Utd at home in the third round of the FA cup, I'd still have more loyalty points than someone who got a season ticket for the first time this season. Why should they miss out to me?

So, you can't let us keep the full total of loyalty points from last season.

But if you ignore last season than all my years of support are ignored, and someone who has just decided to start watching the albion will have equal loyalty to me, shouldn't my previous years' loyalty be acknowledged? So, you can't just get rid of last season's.

50% is a balance between the two.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Sorry i'm bad for checking, maybe no one would have noticed otherwise. oops

For me the best thing would have been to give exsisting s\t holders 230 (10points each game) and keep their points, new season ticket holders keep their points from last year and then get 1000 for this, simples

depending on points thresholds, the desired away days could be fun with the binfest ticketing saga.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It rewards fans who weren't season ticket holders last year more than those that were

I never saw it like that but if you say so

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Massive f*** up by the club putting it in place - at least they have apologised about it.

System seems fair, i get my 1000 points for being a new STH and only get 10% of last seasons points (160, so i get 16) - which is less than 1 STH who went to at least 1 home cup game last season - seems fair to me that i have less, its only right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here