Loyalty Contracts

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
It is VERY true.

It might not be true for you, it might not be true for most, but then I wasn't specifically commenting on your opinions alone. You should hear some people in ultra-moany D Block (I can say that 'cos I sit there). But even they end up getting told to shut up and 'try supporting the team' by those around them.

They are the ones I'm commenting on.

Thats Withdean though, most players get it Hammond, Eld Abd, Kuipers, Henderson etc etc - It seems to me the only reason that Mayo is being defended when others dont/didnt/wont is because he is Kerry Mayo and he is a nice chap.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thats Withdean though, most players get it Hammond, Eld Abd, Kuipers, Henderson etc etc - It seems to me the only reason that Mayo is being defended when others dont/didnt/wont is because he is Kerry Mayo and he is a nice chap.

Agree with that. The moany fucks at Withdean are never happy and hate everyone. Some of them appear to be menatlly ill with the randomness of players they pick on.

Some of you do need to remember that NSc is not the be all and end all of Albion fans. TLO said that people still berate Mayo even when does things well, and Kinky immediately comes back with I never do that. Who said you did? The simple facts are that people do have a blinkered opinion of Mayo. He does still get plenty of shit even when he's playing well. I think it's because people are now expecting him to be shit, and so are just watching him waiting for him to f*** up, and consequently remember the things he does badly and conveniently forget anything that he does well, same as people will remember the good things that, say, Savage or Cox will do but forget the shit passes and crap first touches, as they are fan favourites.

I happen to agree with Alan, Mayo gets a lot of stick unfairly, both on here and at games, when in reality he fucks up only as often as the rest of the team. Getting done for pace isn't his fault, he's not as quick as some players. You can't have everything. The argument about Rents and Cobbs is stupid too. If they were up for it then Wilkins would have played them already. They aren't. Rents started off in the team well, then went to ratshit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Some of you do need to remember that NSc is not the be all and end all of Albion fans. TLO said that people still berate Mayo even when does things well, and Kinky immediately comes back with I never do that. Who said you did? The simple facts are that people do have a blinkered opinion of Mayo. He does still get plenty of shit even when he's playing well. I think it's because people are now expecting him to be shit, and so are just watching him waiting for him to f*** up, and consequently remember the things he does badly and conveniently forget anything that he does well, same as people will remember the good things that, say, Savage or Cox will do but forget the shit passes and crap first touches, as they are fan favourites.

I happen to agree with Alan, Mayo gets a lot of stick unfairly, both on here and at games, when in reality he fucks up only as often as the rest of the team. Getting done for pace isn't his fault, he's not as quick as some players. You can't have everything. The argument about Rents and Cobbs is stupid too. If they were up for it then Wilkins would have played them already. They aren't. Rents started off in the team well, then went to ratshit.

But why are people expecting him to be shit? This idea of him having porr games can't have just been plucked out of thin air. He fucks up more than the rest of the team and his pace is an issue because his positional sense is also bad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

Im sorry, shall I answer for everyone I dont know?

As it happens as I said in this or another one of the 150 threads of the same topic I agree he gets unfair stick sometimes - However he still does make too many mistakes.

Les Biehn said:
But why are people expecting him to be shit? This idea of him having porr games can't have just been plucked out of thin air. He fucks up more than the rest of the team and his pace is an issue because his positional sense is also bad.

Possibly because he's been there so long? Possibly because for a few years of that the whole team was synonymous with being utter rubbish starting with Hereford and going through the Gillingham years?

I'm not saying that he doesn't have some bad games, I'm not saying that he doesn't always do everything right. I am saying that every other member of the team fucks up too, and some of them equally as often, yet they don't get crucified for it on here or anywhere else, or at least they don't get anywhere near the amount of stick that Mayo gets.

His positional sense is not that bad either. It's certainly better than Harding's and El Abd. I'm not convinced about Rents either. Infact, even when Lynch was playing at LB his positioning was often abysmal, wandering up the pitch and getting caught out. Yes, his pace will overcome SOME of that, but not all. Mayo has had to learn how far he can go and where he needs to be to give himself a chance f winning the ball. Sometimes, like everyone else, he gets it wrong.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Im sorry, shall I answer for everyone I dont know?

As it happens as I said in this or another one of the 150 threads of the same topic I agree he gets unfair stick sometimes - However he still does make too many mistakes.

Of course not, but it didn't need to be answered like that did it. You know it happens, so saying you don't do it is irrelevant.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I sometimes think NSC debates are like a game of noughts and crosses that no one can win.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
It's a debate Mr W, it's subjective. No one wins.

Mr W? Do you know me KSA?

Thats kind of my point, not saying there should be a winner, just sometimes it stagnates.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
No he didn't, he said PEOPLE. Not everyone. Maybe you have some sort of persecution complex Kinky ;)

And Les, I'm not sure if we've met but we have exchanged the odd email, when you were looking for MP3's. :)

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
But why are people expecting him to be shit?

Excellent post by KSA just before yours.
In answer to your question, Kerry is a convenient scapegoat.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yorkie said:
Excellent post by KSA just before yours.
In answer to your question, Kerry is a convenient scapegoat.

Certainly no scapegoat in my books.Seen enough of him over the years and the countless mistakes he makes to see he is shit.It's called watching your team play.You can see who is a good player and who is rubbish.Mayo fits the rubbish nicely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here