Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low season ticket turnout for Wycombe replay

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Jesus, some of you lot are f***ing unbelievable. I have a season ticket, and one of the main reasons I do, is the amount of money I save as I rarely miss home games.

That is the precise reaosn I WILL be going to the Wycombe game, because I save so much over a season, I really don't mind paying £22 for this one, which, by the way, is cheaper for non season ticket holders than a league match.

spot on . BHA is a business ,not a charity and with the possibility of an 8 goal thriller ; a new manager; and the freedom to play which goes with CUP games I shall be there. Obvoiusly some 'fans' are getting ahead of themselves and think we're already in the premiership and don't need the FA cup. They obviously were too young to enjoy the fantastic campaign of 1983. Miserable sods!!! Be true fans and spend that extra £7 (22-15) that you're moaning about!:ascarf:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not actually any of your business how the club arrived at the price

But it IS my business that they are losing.

It'd cost £35 for me and the boy to go to this replay, and I've only just finished paying off our season tickets. A gesture at a reduction and I'd reconsider, but I'm not paying top whack for a 1st round replay against mediocre opposition.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pretty much spot on. The club are under no obligation to explain their pricing policy - all some of us on here have tried to do is suggest potential reasons behind the prices.

Upon many issues to do with the club, I would agree. But just because they don't have an obligation, it doesn't follow that they shouldn't explain some aspect of it.

On this issue, I feel the club has sought to insult the fans by saying that the prices are being reduced. Seeing as the majority of the crowd (or even a sizeable proportion) are season ticket holders, that is clearly not the case.

How stupid do they think we are?

Put up or shut up. SIMPLES.

Never.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
On this issue, I feel the club has sought to insult the fans by saying that the prices are being reduced. Seeing as the majority of the crowd (or even a sizeable proportion) are season ticket holders, that is clearly not the case.

I paid £22 for my season ticket seat on Monday.

I paid £425 for 23 games, which works out at about £18.50 per game, so at this new reduced price I paid £3.50 MORE for my seat.

and this would have been FREE in previous seasons with a season ticket...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
spot on . BHA is a business ,not a charity and with the possibility of an 8 goal thriller ; a new manager; and the freedom to play which goes with CUP games I shall be there. Obvoiusly some 'fans' are getting ahead of themselves and think we're already in the premiership and don't need the FA cup. They obviously were too young to enjoy the fantastic campaign of 1983. Miserable sods!!! Be true fans and spend that extra £7 (22-15) that you're moaning about!:ascarf:

1. The possibility of an 8 goal thriller!? What a shit point. Theres a possibility of a 40-0 Wycombe win as well y'know.

2. Things have changed since 1983. We're not going to get to the final.

3. So i'm not a true fan for not wanting to spend 3 hours on a train on a Tuesday night to go to see a game against an average team that means nothing, and paying over the odds to do so?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing STH's eh? Can't help but MOAN at every given opportunity. It's alright I suppose, because without them there would be NO club anyway, they are the LIFE BLOOD. Didn't you know that?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm an STH, have got my Wycombe ticket and looking forward to the match. So, not every STH is boycotting. I am really sorry for those who cannot afford to go especially where there are families involved.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am a STH, but will not be attending.

I find it very difficult to be enthused about the Albion these days ( Yes the Poyet factor and the new ground on the horizon is great) but after 35 odd years, I do not have the same enthusiasm at all. I rarely go away these days and my ST is an incentive to go!

£22 is a rediculous amount to pay for a cup game and although I can, I wont be paying it.....that is all really.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
and this would have been FREE in previous seasons with a season ticket...

Exept it wasn't free was it, when the " free" ticket was stopped the price of the season ticket came down .Just a gimmick , you were paying for it all along.

Something else I'd like to point out
Wycombe , league 1 ad hoc ticket price £24
Wycombe, fa cup replay ad hoc ticket price £22

Wether your a season ticket holder or not you are not paying full price.The reason a ST works out at around £18 a game is that you are buying in bulk & pre-booking your seat, for this game you are not - hence the one price for all.
There, didn't take to much to understand did it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wether your a season ticket holder or not you are not paying full price.The reason a ST works out at around £18 a game is that you are buying in bulk & pre-booking your seat, for this game you are not - hence the one price for all.

I think a large part of the issue here is that the club are saying that they have reduced the prices. I am paying £24.50 for my seat. How is that reduced?

And yes I understand the cost dynamics and I don't doubt for a minute that they would not make more money on the game by reducing the cost. HOWEVER it would ensure a bigger crowd, for what is potentially a very good chance of getting into the second and then third round, and who knows a £1million trip to Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc.

Would rather see Withdean full of people than open spaces for a game that is important.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Exept it wasn't free was it, when the " free" ticket was stopped the price of the season ticket came down .Just a gimmick , you were paying for it all along.

Something else I'd like to point out
Wycombe , league 1 ad hoc ticket price £24
Wycombe, fa cup replay ad hoc ticket price £22

I honestly dont remember prices coming down, frozen yes, but coming down, I dont remember. You may well be right, I just dont remember,

Its just the cheek of it saying there is a discount, when season ticket holders are paying more than they normally would. I see what youre saying though about ad hoc tickets.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I honestly dont remember prices coming down, frozen yes, but coming down, I dont remember. You may well be right, I just dont remember,

Its just the cheek of it saying there is a discount, when season ticket holders are paying more than they normally would. I see what youre saying though about ad hoc tickets.

Actualy you may be right, perhaps it was a freeze, but the ticket was withdrawn as part of that seasons freeze/reduction.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
2 further points
1) Would those saying they cant afford it suddenly be able to find the money if it was one of the big 4 in the 3rd round?
2) Would the moaners be happy if the club reduced the price for this game, as its only shitty wycombe, then covered their losses by upping the price if we get to round 3 & draw a big name.......No? Didn't think so!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Would the moaners be happy if the club reduced the price for this game, as its only shitty wycombe, then covered their losses by upping the price if we get to round 3 & draw a big name.......No? Didn't think so!

That would absolutely be the sensible thing to do from the club's perspective. The whole point of lowering the prices for this one is that demand will be low.

Anyway, you say (albeit hypothetically) that the club would up the prices in the third round if we got a plum tie; what makes you think the club would do that? It is completely unconnected, as they will only make a loss on the Wycombe game if no-one turns up due to the over-priced tickets!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
2 further points
1) Would those saying they cant afford it suddenly be able to find the money if it was one of the big 4 in the 3rd round?
2) Would the moaners be happy if the club reduced the price for this game, as its only shitty wycombe, then covered their losses by upping the price if we get to round 3 & draw a big name.......No? Didn't think so!

£22 could be far more easily justified if Manchester United turned up at Withdean.

So the answer is yes, of course they'd be happy.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
:US:QUOTE=Anyway, you say (albeit hypothetically) that the club would up the prices in the third round if we got a plum tie; what makes you think the club would do that? [/QUOTE]
I didn,t say that I thought they would I asked if people would be happy if they did.

QUOTE=The Large One;3210849]£22 could be far more easily justified if Manchester United turned up at Withdean.

So the answer is yes, of course they'd be happy.[/QUOTE]

Suprise , suprise , Someone has deliberately got hold of the wrong end of the stick. What I was Saying was would people be happy if the club charged say £14 for the wycombe game then covered their losses by charginging £34 for a big name if we get to round 3.

There, is that ok or shall I rewrite it again using words with less syllables.:US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here