Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low season ticket turnout for Wycombe replay

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:US:
Anyway, you say (albeit hypothetically) that the club would up the prices in the third round if we got a plum tie; what makes you think the club would do that?
I didn,t say that I thought they would I asked if people would be happy if they did.

£22 could be far more easily justified if Manchester United turned up at Withdean.

So the answer is yes, of course they'd be happy.

Suprise , suprise , Someone has deliberately got hold of the wrong end of the stick. What I was Saying was would people be happy if the club charged say £14 for the wycombe game then covered their losses by charginging £34 for a big name if we get to round 3.

There, is that ok or shall I rewrite it again using words with less syllables.:US:

Sorry, always bugs me when the quote boxes get screwed up.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
fair do's, I just think the way this has been priced, there will be more Brighton fans away at Southampton than at home to Wycombe, which is quite shocking if that does happen

That wouldn't surprise me, even if there were to be reduction in the Wycombe price.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wanderbus, now that you have clarified your question, I think I'm being charitable when I call it, at best, ambiguous.

Now that you have clarified it, I would still say that answer is yes. Even though you're using two extreme prices to justify your point (the club never would charge £14 for an FA Cup match), many could make the argument that charging £34 (again, something the club is unlikely to do) for a 'big' tie could be justified.

So how about letting people answer your question before drawing your own conclusions? Or weren't you interested in an answer in the first place?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
2 further points
1) Would those saying they cant afford it suddenly be able to find the money if it was one of the big 4 in the 3rd round?
2) Would the moaners be happy if the club reduced the price for this game, as its only shitty wycombe, then covered their losses by upping the price if we get to round 3 & draw a big name.......No? Didn't think so!
To answer:

1 - Yes of course we would. What a f***ing stupid question.

2 - I've been saying for years that's exactly what they SHOULD do! It's Supply and Demand and it links into your first point: no one wants to see Wycombe so the prices should be £10. Everybody wants to see Man U so the price should be £30 (or maybe higher). It's basic sales tactics and common sense.

And why are you so worked up about it? You've made post after post pretty much saying the same thing. You think it's a fair price. That's great, I hope you see a good game. Obviously there's quite a few of us who disagree and I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gus said this yesterday at the reserves game

“I will need your help, as you know, because the fans are very important for the team but I think we are going to have a quite good year ahead of us.”

It just seems a shame they may only be 2,000 or so there for his first home game. Especially after what will no doubt be an amazing atmosphere at the New Dell on Sunday with maybe 2,000 Brighton fans there.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I would have said £15.00 per adult with £10.00 for Concessions would have got us a crowd of about 5,500

Say 2/3 are full paying adults - I'm guessing here.

Gives income of £72,600

At £22.00 I reckon we'll get 3000 tops - even if all of these are full paying adults, which they won't be this will only give an income of £66,000.

Own goal by the club here methinks.

Anyway, how can Wyecombe fans pay £18.00??

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
To answer:

2 - I've been saying for years that's exactly what they SHOULD do! It's Supply and Demand and it links into your first point: no one wants to see Wycombe so the prices should be £10. Everybody wants to see Man U so the price should be £30 (or maybe higher). It's basic sales tactics and common sense.

And why are you so worked up about it? You've made post after post pretty much saying the same thing. You think it's a fair price. That's great, I hope you see a good game. Obviously there's quite a few of us who disagree and I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept it.

Spot on.

Supply and Demand. If Chelski or Manure were in town in round 3 I would EXPECT the club to charge upwards of £35.00/£40.00

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I'm guessing here.

That's the problem with all of this isn't it?

We simply don't know what the optimum price is. The club probably don't know either but they have all the facts that we don't, plus it had to be prices agreed with Wycombe.

I'm not saying they're right, but it's all too easy to say that if they charge £XX they'll sell XXXX tickets. There are no guarantees of that. Of course, any reduction would bring some sort of increase in ticket sales but would that increase cover the affect of the lower price on the turnover?

A match against an unattractive team in the 1st round of the FA Cup won't suddenly become a crowd-puller just because it only costs £10.

Whatever the club does in these circumstances would be a gamble.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
To answer:

1, which proves that it isn't the cost putting people off it's the opposition

2, yes it is a case of supply & demand but if we were charged more for a glamour tie it would cause meltdown on here.

I'm not worked up I just would like people to accept that the price has been discounted & say "f*** it, it's only wycombe, I dont fancy it " instead of blaming tickets not being cheap enough., a bit of honesty goes a long way!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
QUOTE=granny weatherwax;3211207]Ok then

:wave:[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: at last:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
QUOTE=granny weatherwax;3211207]Ok then

:wave:

:thumbsup: at last:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

just out of interest, and I won't tell anyone, but how long have you been supporting Brighton for?

Its not a trick question and I don't mean anything by it, I am just interested

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I saw my first game on 23rd march 1976 & have been reasonably regular ever since, depending on my circumstances I've been to more games some seasons than others

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
2 further points
1) Would those saying they cant afford it suddenly be able to find the money if it was one of the big 4 in the 3rd round?
2) Would the moaners be happy if the club reduced the price for this game, as its only shitty wycombe, then covered their losses by upping the price if we get to round 3 & draw a big name.......No? Didn't think so!

1) I can afford it, but my purchases are usually value for money to me, as in the season ticket. Wycombe in my opinion are not worth £22, especially when the Wycombe fans are paying £18 for the East Stand!

2) Not overjoyed but that would certainly be ok with me as long as the ticket price for Wycombe was £15 and the big club was no more than £30 less if it was outside the top 6

Obviously people will have different views and I respect those. But in closing for STH we are being asked to pay over the odds and for everybody we are being asked to pay more than Wycombe fans.

Over and out.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I saw my first game on 23rd march 1976 & have been reasonably regular ever since, depending on my circumstances I've been to more games some seasons than others

actually that pretty much is the same as me.....I think my first game was August 1975.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How can they charge Wycombe fans £18 to sit in the next stand to me for £21-50.
Absolute fecking rip off!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
£18 for the Wycombe fans eh? I do hope they both appreciate the sheer magnitude of our generosity! Mind you, I betcha they'll STILL find something to moan about though innit. I'd have stuck 'em in the distant West Stand & charged the buggers 26 notes, quite frankly. Bloody liberty-takers..

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The magic of the F.A Cup plus the draw of our new gaffer will ensure a healthy audience for this one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have bought my seats for the replay as I am a 'superfan' but how many of the STH that are complaining will not renew because of it, hardly any I would think, and if they do others will take their place as we start playing well so why worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here