Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low season ticket turnout for Wycombe replay

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I purchased my ticket for the reply today - same seat as my season ticket. I think the speed with which the tickets were on sale caught a lot of people out.

Papa

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Who was the genius in the clubs marketing department that set the prices for Wycombe in the cup on a cold midweek at this level? Brains in their boots, as usual.. Bloom had channged the manager and coaching staff, now lets get some decent marketing staff to sell this club to sussex - and please, no more ex footballers in the marketing department, as what they know about marketing, selling and business is roughly the same as Richard Branson knows about 4-4-2 against 4-5-1- sod all. Kicking a ball about is no qualification for selling it doesnt mean they cant do it, but lets get qualified marketing staff.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
2 - I've been saying for years that's exactly what they SHOULD do! It's Supply and Demand and it links into your first point: no one wants to see Wycombe so the prices should be £10. Everybody wants to see Man U so the price should be £30 (or maybe higher). It's basic sales tactics and common sense.

You're having a laugh yeah? That would be absolutely the wrong thing to do. Christ, if this is turning into a 5 pager, I can guarantee you it would a 100 pager if we drew Utd in the 3rd round and suddenly the ticket prices went to £35. If people can't afford £22 for the Wycombe game, how do you think they will feel about having to pay £35 for the next one, just because it's a big team. It would be the PR disaster of all PR disasters.

I support Brighton and Hove Albion.

I want to go and watch Brighton and Hove Albion play in the FA Cup.

Who we are playing is of little consequence when it comes to the price of a ticket.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looks like a cock up to me. Can't attend, but seems very odd. The away lot have been moved and are getting in cheaper ?

Whoops.............

The club (like every other one it seems) should be discounting the cup games at this stage.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're having a laugh yeah? That would be absolutely the wrong thing to do. Christ, if this is turning into a 5 pager, I can guarantee you it would a 100 pager if we drew Utd in the 3rd round and suddenly the ticket prices went to £35. If people can't afford £22 for the Wycombe game, how do you think they will feel about having to pay £35 for the next one, just because it's a big team. It would be the PR disaster of all PR disasters.

I support Brighton and Hove Albion.

I want to go and watch Brighton and Hove Albion play in the FA Cup.

Who we are playing is of little consequence when it comes to the price of a ticket.
Yes, Wanderbus is also of the opinion that it's a Brighton game and the opposition is irrelevant. I don't have that view. To me there's a huge difference between a Wednesday night 1st Round replay against Wycombe Wanderers and 3rd Round tie against Manchester United (or another top four side).

As has been pointed out the club is a business and one of its business activities is selling match tickets. In almost any sales environment there is the concept of discounts and loss leaders at one end, and premium products at the other. The club have the same quantity of each product (the capacity at Withdean) and from a business point of view it makes a lot of sense to sell the crap products at at a cheap rate and the valuable ones at a higher rate.

However the waters are muddied a bit inasmuch as the club are dealing with fans not 'real' customers and so there's the whole emotive angle to it as well. (Sometimes I think they either exploit or over-estimate this but that's another argument). Consequently I do accept that some people don't see it in black-and-white business terms and if we DID draw Man U in the third round and the club announced that Adult tickets would be £30, well yes NSC could well go into meltdown. But look on the bright side, as a loyal customer, sorry, fan, under my scheme you'd have paid £10 for Wycombe and £30 for Man U meaning that you'd seen two games for £20 each! Bargain!

Now if they tried to charge £30 to see us play Bolton Wanderers ...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just catching up on this thread, but now we're getting free t-shirts, which will undoubtedly be of a very high quality, then I am sure there is a good chance of a sell out crowd. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here