Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for part time/ Xmas work

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I find it hard to trawl around like this but this is how tough it is out there. My latest setback which motivated this was I has a job application for part time/Xmas work at Asda turned down. Not even an interview. You have to laugh :lolol:
How much do Asda pay an hour for part time/xmas work?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Good luck with the job search, US. People always say there are loads of Christmas jobs going but unless you get some sort of break it can be really difficult. I don't live in Sussex so unable to suggest any possibilities but I admire you for starting a thread on here and hope it comes to something.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good luck with the job search, US. People always say there are loads of Christmas jobs going but unless you get some sort of break it can be really difficult. I don't live in Sussex so unable to suggest any possibilities but I admire you for starting a thread on here and hope it comes to something.

Thanks. It is like the Man on the roundabout but I have got some useful ideas and 1 PM. You have to do what you have to do.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
That'll be the thread where you tell someone to f*** off. The one you're telling me to calm down about.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
GG - don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for, but Next are opening a flagship store at the site where Homebase is at Holmbush. Don't know any details of the hiring, but Homebase closes in Nov, and they have applied for a building extension, so I would guess there will be number of various jobs - and it's local ... you could almost walk to work.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Are there any jobs available at that new garden centre in Portslade? May berry? Worth a shot...

Don't believe so.

Mate of mine is a manager at the Hassocks branch, and they're in the process of training all the Portslade staff before it opens.

Good luck GG.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£ 6-7 I reckon.

Correct , although I dont know what the hourly rate in Brighton is because Asda have regional pay rates , so what I earn oop north is less than in the civilised world.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You may well be right but what I find most bizarre about this site is that people can abuse you but when you retaliate you are the one in the wrong. Very odd indeed.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
GG - don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for, but Next are opening a flagship store at the site where Homebase is at Holmbush. Don't know any details of the hiring, but Homebase closes in Nov, and they have applied for a building extension, so I would guess there will be number of various jobs - and it's local ... you could almost walk to work.

cant believe Homebase are going, always handy for me, will have to trudge all the way down to B&Q now :angry:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
cant believe Homebase are going, always handy for me, will have to trudge all the way down to B&Q now :angry:

Indeed - I don't know why it is closing ... I know it's never been particularly busy when I've been in there, but I guess there's quite a large cross-over of products with B&Q.

Still, the Next is going to offer garden type stuff, the first branch to do so, so maybe you'll find some exotic chilli seeds there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We know everything else about him, might as well give us his employment history and complete the picture.

Your right tbh. People know everything about me except my Penis size.

Oh hang on a minute :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here