Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for part time/ Xmas work

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats work a try. Thanks mate.

ps- I assume you don't mean ask the club and Paul Camillin. LOL.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good call.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would get yourself signed up to some agencies as there is loads of extra work over Xmas

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Done that BH.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Djmiles. Thanks for that.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I went through this last year.

Register online with people like M&S, Sainsburys, Asda etc. They all use lots os seasonal staff. I know Sainos will ONLY take people who have registered with them online.

It's also worth registering online with the Post Office - they recruit huge numbers of temps over Christmas, although if you don't hold a Lithuanian passport you might struggle! :jester:

A bit beyond Christmas I know, but Best Buy are opening a store in Brighton next Spring I think - they will be recruiting heavily.

Seriously mate - good luck.

:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Hiney.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
US

I recently gave you a bit of a hard time on your marathon thread (albeit with positive intentions to get you focussed-think I failed!), but I say fair play fella. Too many sit around moping in your situation, but you look to be trying every avenue.

You clearly are good with numbers, so in the New Year what about looking to retrain to do some form of accountancy/book keeping/tax affairs?

Plenty of life in the old dog yet, and I do fear the IFA world is going the same as travel agents (and I wouldnt be surprised eventually estate agents), what with the internet, fewer financial institutions dealing with IFAs and people generally being more clued up these days.

In any event good on ya and best of luck!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I find it hard to trawl around like this but this is how tough it is out there. My latest setback which motivated this was I has a job application for part time/Xmas work at Asda turned down. Not even an interview. You have to laugh :lolol:

Even ex-Asda workers have found they are being turned down for seasonal jobs with Asda now its all gone online. In the past being an ex-employee (providing they weren't sacked) would have guaranteed them an interview. It used to be difficult getting a job if you were over 50 but this now applies if you're over 40 as potential employers will say you're over qualified because they cant discriminate on age anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US

I recently gave you a bit of a hard time on your marathon thread (albeit with positive intentions to get you focussed-think I failed!), but I say fair play fella. Too many sit around moping in your situation, but you look to be trying every avenue.

You clearly are good with numbers, so in the New Year what about looking to retrain to do some form of accountancy/book keeping/tax affairs?

Plenty of life in the old dog yet, and I do fear the IFA world is going the same as travel agents (and I wouldnt be surprised eventually estate agents), what with the internet, fewer financial institutions dealing with IFAs and people generally being more clued up these days.

In any event good on ya and best of luck!

Thats fair play mate and no hard feelings.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
In same boat U.S., I`m an IFA who finds himself out of work for 4th time since Nov 2008 just before Xmas, not looking for sympathy either, just a way to pay the bills for the family not to mention the footie tickets. Most offers around if you can call them that are so weak and risky ive had so many chancers call me up from these agencies and networks the Post Office type temp work looks more and more attractive by the minute. Easy to get down about it but keep the faith.

Anyone got a time machine?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In same boat U.S., I`m an IFA who finds himself out of work for 4th time since Nov 2008 just before Xmas, not looking for sympathy either, just a way to pay the bills for the family not to mention the footie tickets. Most offers around if you can call them that are so weak and risky ive had so many chancers call me up from these agencies and networks the Post Office type temp work looks more and more attractive by the minute. Easy to get down about it but keep the faith.

Anyone got a time machine?

With the Royal Mail being privatised there will be more agency work with the Post Office as they want to casualise the workforce and move towards part time delivery staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here