Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for part time/ Xmas work

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Fair enough. Not a bad one from Mr Burns.

The funniest thing is, I wasn't joking.

We all know you're a mortgage brooker, but I just thought if you're looking for a job, and someone wants a casual worker in the run up till Christmas, theres no harm in letting them know what sort of work you've done in the past

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The funniest thing is, I wasn't joking.

We all know you're a mortgage brooker, but I just thought if you're looking for a job, and someone wants a casual worker in the run up till Christmas, theres no harm in letting them know what sort of work you've done in the past

I do with my cv.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have had lots of great replies and thank everyone for taking the time out to try and help.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
if you go on the offical club site, click on club scroll down to jobs, there looking for season ticket sales assistants! only for two months tho.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I imagine Asda won't take on 40-something mortgage brokers under any circumstances. That's way too qualified for a job in a supermarket, and they'll wonder why on earth you want to be there. Aim higher I say.

Why wouldn't supermarkets take on 40-somethings?

My local electrical superstore took me on, and I'm 50-something.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks TCB but at the moment I feel completely unemployable. I cannot tell you how this kills your self esteem and self worth. It makes you feel like complete garbage tbh.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
TCB that is a very strange view of supermarket workers, probably not out of tune with ASDA but hey.

I work for a major supermarket chain (Sainsburys) I do not work in store I work in a depot (huge one) I have no qualifications but on ability alone I have risen to the role of Operations Controller.

From what I have seen at Sainsburys they pay little attention to formal qualifications but at what you have done with your life in promoting people. Like many things though getting in is the hardest part, Sainsburys as far as depots are concerned are not taking on any direct staff at the mo it is all via agency.

US don't let it get you down it is a very competetive market out there at the moment and yes you could stack shelves but then there is the fear you will know more than the person managing you this often is a reason they turn down. I was turned down for a job because the person with the responsability for the role thought I was too intelligent for it and would get bored too quickly.

Do try and get feedback from them make a fuss make a complaint get yourself known.

It takes perseverence and not letting it get you down Keep the faith old chap

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dear Gareth

Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asda. On this
occasion, however, we’re sorry to tell you we won’t be taking your
application any further.

Your assessment is valid for 6 months and so we cannot accept any
further applications from you for any other roles within this time.

We appreciate you took the time to send us your details, and we’re sure
your determination will pay off very soon. In the meantime, we wish you
the very best for the future.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I find it hard to trawl around like this but this is how tough it is out there. My latest setback which motivated this was I has a job application for part time/Xmas work at Asda turned down. Not even an interview. You have to laugh :lolol:

Well good luck mate. I don't know how bad it is in Brighton at the moment but if its anywhere near as bad as the Midlands you will need to be very thick skinned. Just try not to let shit get to you and something will eventually come up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here