Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] London Bridge Incident

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We went from Macclesfield to Manchester to arrived around 11-30 am left at 3-30pm and dozens of Police about the station area by then,whether it,s related as in a 'heavy presence' measure i have no idea ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tommy Robinson is hardly the best person to learn about Islam and you need to get over the myth about the threat of "Sharia law". Even within Islam it has nothing to do with "terrorism". It's just another stick to beat Muslims with. Orthodox Jewish religions have similar beliefs.

I know many Muslims and talk to them about their religion all the time. They will abhor what has happened today.

What I've learnt from them is they have two levels of fear regarding incidents like this.

1) Getting caught up in it

2) Walking down the street the next day, knowing some people will look at them thinking they are connected because of their religion.

In the 90s, I lived in Warrington when the IRA bombs off. I had many Irish friends and they went through the same. You shouldn't feel you should "keep your head down" because someone of the same religion is a murderer.

Oh I think all religions have utter nonsense in them - I’m an atheist. But I respect everyone’s views. There are many parts of Islam that are appalling - sexist, violent etc as there is homophobia in the bible. The point is the Muslim culture has been the breading ground for extreme terrorists and that’s fact. Everyone should be trying to wipe out these ********s and everyday ‘Muslims’ more than anyone should be condemning these acts and reporting suspicions.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh I think all religions have utter nonsense in them - I’m an atheist. But I respect everyone’s views. There are many parts of Islam that are appalling - sexist, violent etc as there is homophobia in the bible. The point is the Muslim culture has been the breading ground for extreme terrorists and that’s fact. Everyone should be trying to wipe out these ********s and everyday ‘Muslims’ more than anyone should be condemning these acts and reporting suspicions.

Muslims do condemn these terrorist acts. Regularly and vehemently.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tommy Robinson is hardly the best person to learn about Islam and you need to get over the myth about the threat of "Sharia law". Even within Islam it has nothing to do with "terrorism". It's just another stick to beat Muslims with. Orthodox Jewish religions have similar beliefs.

I know many Muslims and talk to them about their religion all the time. They will abhor what has happened today.

What I've learnt from them is they have two levels of fear regarding incidents like this.

1) Getting caught up in it

2) Walking down the street the next day, knowing some people will look at them thinking they are connected because of their religion.

In the 90s, I lived in Warrington when the IRA bombs off. I had many Irish friends and they went through the same. You shouldn't feel you should "keep your head down" because someone of the same religion is a murderer.

How do you know it was a Muslim? That's a bit of a knee jerk reaction? Although to be fair I think it is too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But they don't come out and stop it.

I’m not sure how they could, anymore than you or I. I imagine there are Muslims in the police and anti terror forces who do try and stop it .But with respect, I don’t really want to get into this debate when this tragedy is only a few hours old.
I think we all agree the ******** that did this is an abhorrent ****er.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Some do. Others don’t. Some don’t loud enough imo. The bottom line is these knobheads that kill people need eradicating and we all need to do our part as a society - those closest to them more than anyone. You aren’t going to paradise by killing innocent children you ****ing morons.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
BBC now saying stabbing incident in Holland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
‘Muslims’ more than anyone should be condemning these acts and reporting suspicions.

Well believing "more than anyone" is already drawing a link. They call it "unconscious bias". If you want cooperation/intelligence with Mosques (for example), the very last thing you need is to place them in a defensive position.

Muslim culture is not a breeding ground. There are millions of Muslims in many many countries, but not very many terrorists.

We don't know enough about this yet, but if it is "another one of those" it's the product of a modern death cult that has taken a religion, twisted it and is targeting a particularly demographic.

But how that is anything to do with the devout old geezer who has just sold me a bottle of wine is anyone's guess.

Goes to the mosque everyday and is obsessed with Dickie Davies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How do you know it was a Muslim? That's a bit of a knee jerk reaction? Although to be fair I think it is too.

In Clapham Gull’s defence that was my doing and I did edit the post to say I may have jumped the gun. I think it is too - due to the fact that almost all terrorist related attacks seem to be ‘Muslim’ - we should NOT be scared to say it. I’m not racist one bit but don’t have a problem pointing out the facts - it’s common sense. I remember a poste on here once moaning about how they get stopped at the airport for extra checks all the time cos his wife is a Muslim. All I could think was (although the inconvenience was annoying for him granted) GOOD. This is common sense and something ‘normal Muslims’ should be ok with - they Should be if they want to stop terrorists. There is a certain look to most of these terrorists and a shared religion. If the milky bar kid killed someone and was on the loose you would expect the police to be stopping Asians or 2pac lookalikes or Spaniards would you...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well believing "more than anyone" is already drawing a link. They call it "unconscious bias". If you want cooperation/intelligence with Mosques (for example), the very last thing you need is to place them in a defensive position.

Muslim culture is not a breeding ground. There are millions of Muslims in many many countries, but not very many terrorists.

We don't know enough about this yet, but if it is "another one of those" it's the product of a modern death cult that has taken a religion, twisted it and is targeting a particularly demographic.

But how that is anything to do with the devout old geezer who has just sold me a bottle of wine is anyone's guess.

Goes to the mosque everyday and is obsessed with Dickie Davies.

I’m sure he’s a nice bloke :lol: Love not war. Love not hate. But also investigate if there’s anything anyone can do to stop these sick ****ers killing innocent people and innocent kids... I think it’s fair.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This. I have many muslim clients and they are decent, hard working people with a good moral compass. Do not let a few wronguns tar them all. That is what they want, to draw a divide and spread hate

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Simply reacting to the response of others obviously.

I bet you thought you had a good response there.

Sorry.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do people actually watch Tommy Robinson videos on Islam and the preachings and how much hate is out there with this religion and think ‘oh he’s wrong’. Baffles me how anyone can’t agree with what he says on the subject of terrorism & radicalising.

Peaceful Muslims have a part to play - they need to report any suspicions straight away and should never ‘protect their own’. Robinson is right on what he says 100%.

Edit - I haven’t seen much of this incident so sorry if I’ve jumped the gun on it being a ‘Muslim’ terrorist. **** regardless.
He is wrong.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Do people actually watch Tommy Robinson videos on Islam and the preachings and how much hate is out there with this religion and think ‘oh he’s wrong’. Baffles me how anyone can’t agree with what he says on the subject of terrorism & radicalising.

Peaceful Muslims have a part to play - they need to report any suspicions straight away and should never ‘protect their own’. Robinson is right on what he says 100%.

Edit - I haven’t seen much of this incident so sorry if I’ve jumped the gun on it being a ‘Muslim’ terrorist. **** regardless.

Best not to criticise Islam on here. Shhhhh

Meanwhile Happy Christmas from Speakers Corner:

https://youtu.be/gF9i6RXwI2k

If the results weren't so sad this would be pure comedy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeh I was careful in my words in terms of what he / loads of others say about the culture and teachings in Sharia law etc. I do just think in terms of terrorism & where these ideologies come from, TR has it bang on. Either way, pure evil.

I don’t think it’s fighting hate with hate if you are intelligent enough. The only hate I feel is towards extremists who believe in killing the innocent. Killing anyone.

I'm sure we are on the same page.

That page is also present in Steven's book too, but there are other pages....

And I say that as someone whose own book has got me into trouble in careless moments....

:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC now saying stabbing incident in Holland

Yes in the main shopping centre of The Hague. A friend of mine is working as a lawyer over there & lives within a few minutes walk from there. He could hear what was going on. He posted it on Facebook to say he's ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here