Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 Tickets............Anyone Applied?

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
YESSSSSSS!! I'm done. Suddenly started going REALLY fast.

Good luck chaps.

Same here. I'd been refreshing the page for about two hours, got through to checkout twice but kept getting failure page.
Then I decided to close the browser and start again from the olympic homepage and it went all the way through first time. Maybe just coincidence, but worth a go.
Good luck.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"We're experiencing high demand. Nobody told us it would get a bit busy on deadline day."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Spent HOURS picking my tickets, and now when trying to checkout I just keep getting; "Sorry, we cannot process your request. Please try again later."

I imagine there are QUITE a few people on there at the same time, so guess I'll keep trying.

JCL!!!

They gave you six weeks for a reason! Bet you fill in your tax return on Jan 31 don't you!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair they sorted it out a while back and it's been flying.

I've been able to select our events and submit the payment for over £3,000.

Hang on - over £3000?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Deadline extended to 00:59, according to 5Live...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair they sorted it out a while back and it's been flying.

I've been able to select our events and submit the payment for over £3,000.

Hang on - over £3000?

We may have to swap unwanted tickets! You can have my rhymic gymnastics if I can have your beach volleyball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
oh I bet you're a barrel of laughs at parties...
I am :)
It's taken an hour or repeatedly pressing Proceed to checkout, but it's finally let me pay.

That's a f***ing disgrace! All of us organised people might miss out because of all these last minute nutters!!
What - how can this cause you to miss out?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What - how can this cause you to miss out?

The mote that enter the greater the odds are of me getting a ticket! Some if us sorted ourselves out weeks ago. If we all did what you did the server would be down all night long!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The mote that enter the greater the odds are of me getting a ticket! Some if us sorted ourselves out weeks ago. If we all did what you did the server would be down all night long!!
So? You were organised and got your application in without trouble. If the website can't deal with the demand, that's their (the organisers) problem, so extending the deadline to allow for people who would have met the deadline (if it weren't for the website problems) is hardly making you miss out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

They made a promise to have tickets available until 11.59 which they were failing to deliver. Common sense prevailed.

A quick search of 'Olympics' and 'Giraffe' produces very few results. JCL springs to mind.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So? You were organised and got your application in without trouble. If the website can't deal with the demand, that's their (the organisers) problem, so extending the deadline to allow for people who would have met the deadline (if it weren't for the website problems) is hardly making you miss out.

How on earth are you going to be able to attend any of the events you have applied for, you only have 15 months before the games start, you will need to organise travel, refreshments, what clothes to wear and maybe time off work, you will never get that organised in time.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just don't understand how people can be so MAD to leave it to the last evening!

Even if you did it YESTERDAY you would have saved all the agony.

SIX WEEKS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here