Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 Tickets............Anyone Applied?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Very good and spot on even though me and the missis have over 2K of bids in.

Has anyone been watching Twenty Twelve on BBC 4, I thought the 2nd and 6th episodes were brillinat, the party from Rio on the coach was absolute cringe comedy and the Tony Ward charecter played by Tim McInnerny (Percy-black adder) was great. We have applied for tickets to go to Greenwich Park and I am sure I will now spend the whole time looking at tree stumps, what a legacy I mean sustainable event :laugh:.

I think they have gone for another series so I am sure they may do ticketing as a theme.

BBC - BBC Four Programmes - Twenty Twelve

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Ive applied for opening ceremony, 100m final, football final and some random one, cant remember if it was shooting or archery or summin like that. I hope i dont get them all because theres no way i can afford them all. Ill probably get none though as have appiled for the most popular

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I expect you always did your homework first night you got it as well bloody swot!:laugh:

As my wife and I were REGULARLY consulted by him about his university work AT THE LAST MINUTE I can confirm you are very very wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
putting preferences for half a dozen things you dont particularly want, in case you dont get the one you really want, reminds me of something else...

Applied for Opening and Closing ceremony, Mens Football Heat and Semi-Final at Wembley, Tennis Heat and SF Centre Court and Court, Athletics morning with 200m heats for USAAAIN Bolt, Rowing Finals, About £250 if get all!!

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
I'm really hopeful for basketball (applied for the evening slots as i heard that due to tv demand the USA more likely to play then) and handball (youtube clips look mental!). Article i read today said that applications for team sports like these weren't as popular as expected but that could be codswallop ie - only one million people applying for them instead of 10 zilliion. Not really anticipating getting any but i am loving the optimism i'm feeling (for the next month) while i await the credit card being charged. priceless! tired of hearing all the moaners about the Olympics, it's going to be great, the British public love attending sporting events, it won't be flash but it will be well supported.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I applied for;

- Opening ceremony
- Basketball: 2 x Preliminary matches on the same afternoon
- Basketball: 2 x 1/4 final matches on the same afternoon
- Football: 2 x Preliminary matches on the same evening
- Football: Semi final match
- Football: Final match
- Hockey: 2 x Preliminary matches on the same afternoon
- Tennis: Centre Court, 4 second round matches on same day
- Tennis: Centre Court, 3 semi final matches on same day
- Closing ceremony

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't forget today is the first day when they could be taking the money, so get funds in your account if needed!

"If you applied for Olympic Games tickets prior to 26 April 2011 your application will be processed and, where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis. If you are successful, payment will be taken between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available between these dates. A notification will be sent to confirm which tickets you have been allocated by 24 June 2011."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Don't forget today is the first day when they could be taking the money, so get funds in your account if needed!

"If you applied for Olympic Games tickets prior to 26 April 2011 your application will be processed and, where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis. If you are successful, payment will be taken between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available between these dates. A notification will be sent to confirm which tickets you have been allocated by 24 June 2011."

It looks like it's going to be at least another week before they start taking money out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13338579

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield

or maybe not:

London 2012: Olympics tickets hit by delays | Mail Online

Sep 1, 2010
I got an E-Mail today saying 16th at the earliest. I have a sneaky feeling loads of people's cash will be taken even though they have not been chosen for tickets, more scandal, more cock-ups. or not who knows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here