Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 Tickets............Anyone Applied?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have.
It appears the wife has new shoes.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Nope, nothing here - but I guess the odds of it going in the first day for any one person are pretty slim! Will be watching my account like a hawk though until they take it...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nothing yet. Prob find out 2morow if a debit has been made on the CC.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis. If you are successful, payment will be taken between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available between these dates. A notification will be sent to confirm which tickets you have been allocated by 24 June 2011.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis. If you are successful, payment will be taken between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available between these dates. A notification will be sent to confirm which tickets you have been allocated by 24 June 2011.

They later changed this to the 16th rather than the 10th.

I'm not sure what's more annoying though, not knowing when the payment will go or not knowing which tickets it'll have been for!

I think they said roughly 50% of the "slots" were over-subscribed, so given that I've applied for some particularly random bits I'm sure I'll have got at least something...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Patrick Wagner

Oct 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

I’ve heard that official agents are the only way to get tickets at this point? Has anyone had any other type of experience with resellers? I missed out in the lottery and looking to get my hands on some tickets…
Thanks,
Patrick.

The Government for 8,846 tickets.

That was the way to do it. Apply for many thousands of tickets.

London 2012 Olympics: Government spends nearly £750k on Olympic tickets - Telegraph

Apparently includes tickets for civil servants to purchase and for overseas VIPs which will paid for by British taxpayers.

Tickets syphoned off for the most popular events.

A kick in the teeth for all those tens of thousands of people who lost out in the ballots.

So much for this being an event for the people of the UK asa whole.

The Government for 8,846 tickets.

That was the way to do it. Apply for many thousands of tickets.

London 2012 Olympics: Government spends nearly £750k on Olympic tickets - Telegraph

This is my favourite quote;
No one's getting them for nothing. Civil servants will have to buy them at face value. I think if someone's been working night and day for the Olympics then they deserve to be able to enter a ballot to buy these tickets at face value

Yes, Jeremy, they did deserve to enter a ballot - the same one that the rest of us entered (and which millions lost out on). Not a seperate one for civil servants you PLANK.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Missed out on tickets completely, so applied for Paralympics and got:

4 x tickets for morning athletics
2x tickets to swimming or cycling on same day (dont know which yet)
4x all day Olympic Park tickets for another day (access all Olympic Park venues except main stadium, swimming and track cycling)
1x Woolwich shooting complex-all areas
1x Brands Hatch road cycling day

All for the princely sum of £133.

Not going to see Bolt etc, but will get some of the Olympic experience for a fraction of the cost.

Having younger kids who will really just want to tell their mates they went to the stadium, and as a bonus seeing Paralympic sport may teach them a bit about disability, well chuffed with what we got for the money.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
This is my favourite quote;

Yes, Jeremy, they did deserve to enter a ballot - the same one that the rest of us entered (and which millions lost out on). Not a seperate one for civil servants you PLANK.

Not all civil servants are entitltled to one. It's civil servants that have worked on the games, for at least a year. Most who get them will have worked on the games for 3+ years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here