Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 Tickets............Anyone Applied?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Applied for 3x days of athletics, cycling, BMX, tennis and swimming.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Athletics, Swimming, Track Cycling, Tennis.

Tennis great value, Court 1 seats for £35, try getting those for the actual Wimbledon finals!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I've applied for absolutely loads to be honest, but as they're mostly the big finals I'm not expecting to get more than one or two of them. Will hurt if I do (by some miracle) get the lot, but will certainly be worth it.

I have also applied for quite a bit of football too - yes, I know it's not quite as traditional "Olympics" as the Athletics etc, but it's £20 for a game at Wembley... can't go wrong really!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Handball looks quality, gone for some tickets purely based on the 1minute video i've seen of it! :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We've applied but for the cheapest seats in the events we can't bear to miss. Any other tickets which we might stumble apon will be gratefully received ;-)

Sep 1, 2010
For me, I do not see why you could apply fir up to say 5 events, then if you get picked out for more than one event to then be given an option to accept all or one or two of the events you have been successful with THEN they can take your cash. Some people are gonna get big bills and the people on small incomes having little chance of going at all if they can only safely bid for one event

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Both me and my wife have applied for all the same events, total cost will be £3,500 if we get them, which we won't!!!

I view it though that even if we get duplicate tickets there will be plenty of people I know (or on here) that will take them off our hands for face value) so whats the risk?

Demand seems to be increasing anyway so we may end up with nothing.

BBC News - London 2012: Public tickets for big events

THIS. On every single point.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Couldn't possibly afford to win many (however unlikely), so just gone for one football and one cycling (velodrome). Will be thrilled to get either. Always got the road race to look forward to regardless.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Forgive me for not looking into it much, but I'm already struggling to pick my tickets, and having spent a good few hours already, I only have a few left :lolol:

Do we know what the rail service is going to be like from Brighton to the Olympics? Are Southern expected to put day returns up to £100's? :lolol:

A few of the tickets I'm looking at finish at midnight, and I'm going to assume they'd be no way of getting home (by train), and that hospitality in the area will be through the roof.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
For me, I do not see why you could apply fir up to say 5 events, then if you get picked out for more than one event to then be given an option to accept all or one or two of the events you have been successful with THEN they can take your cash. Some people are gonna get big bills and the people on small incomes having little chance of going at all if they can only safely bid for one event

Exactly - I have gone for very popular options, and my total bill will be 96 quid if I get them, which is pushing it to be honest. It's quite disheartening to come on here and read that people with the means have gone and applied for thousands of pounds worth of tickets in several names - makes me realise how unlikely it is I will be going to the Olympics.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Forgive me for not looking into it much, but I'm already struggling to pick my tickets, and having spent a good few hours already, I only have a few left :lolol:

Do we know what the rail service is going to be like from Brighton to the Olympics? Are Southern expected to put day returns up to £100's? :lolol:

A few of the tickets I'm looking at finish at midnight, and I'm going to assume they'd be no way of getting home (by train), and that hospitality in the area will be through the roof.

Last train to Brighton from Victoria is 0100 at the moment and I expect Southern will lay on more at games time. ATOC are being quite good about the tickets and remember your tickets give you travel in London for free ATOC

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Agreed.

I suspect some people have not applied for all the tickets they want due to this and this might affect some of the smaller supported events.

Sep 1, 2010
Agreed.

I suspect some people have not applied for all the tickets they want due to this and this might affect some of the smaller supported events.

I think a hell of alot of people in this situation. Personally a pissed olympics is well over due. Drunks attempting pole vault would be immense.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I for one would endorse and support drunken bmx racing, drunken rifle shooting and imagine some squiffy wrestling!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've gone for a couple of cheapo tickets on 8th and 9th August in the Olympic Stadium, will be delighted to get either.
Its mostly Decathlon stuff, a nice mixture of track and field events on both days. Not overly fussed if the tickets are up in the Gods, would just love to be there for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here