Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft gets another year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt think that the players from the 1st team squad would accept reduced wages to the extent that it could accumulate to make up 3 or 4 players wages for the season.

Assuming the players are on £75k a year bringing in 4 players who would want at least the same i.e £300k per year. Losing 3 reserves on may be £40k per year means there is still a deficit of £180k split between the other players which equals approx £16K per man.

If you was on £75k would you sign and drop to £59k?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Reduced wages or not its still pissing money against the wall.

I really can see Oatway given a new deal.

But you're chucking toys out of the pram based on the fact the we're retaining players at the moment, without any idea at all who we might bring in. If we're giving a few players 1 year deals and don't manage to get in any of the world beaters you desire then it HAS to be better than being down to the youth team come August.

Face it, these lads are likely to be as good as we can get at the moment, and probably cheaper than we'd be able to get from elsewhere. Combine that with the fact that they know each other and Wendy and it means a lot less work trying to get them to gel.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Thought he would get a new deal. Just had that strange feeling.

Bit dissapointed that Hinch has gone as from what i've seen of him, he does look quite good

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
But you're chucking toys out of the pram based on the fact the we're retaining players at the moment, without any idea at all who we might bring in. If we're giving a few players 1 year deals and don't manage to get in any of the world beaters you desire then it HAS to be better than being down to the youth team come August.

Face it, these lads are likely to be as good as we can get at the moment, and probably cheaper than we'd be able to get from elsewhere. Combine that with the fact that they know each other and Wendy and it means a lot less work trying to get them to gel.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

Give him 3 months then.
I really have nothing against Loft and I really hope he proves most of us wrong - but we are talking about someone who cluld barley make the squad of a side that finished just outside the drop zone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On this wages thing wasn't Leon Constantine reported to have said he couldn't believe the wages that we offered him but he wanted a higher standard of football which would suggest the better players are not on the breadline.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
I do not, and have never, bought this argument about us not being able to sign players, and as a result having to keep what we have got. There ARE players out there, lots of them in fact, it's just a case of having the ambition to go out and get them. Oh, and I'm not just casually suggesting we spend more than we can afford, as every year teams in worse positions than us sign players.

Quite, because they act FASTER

The Complete Badger said:
And because after a season of failure they do not keep every member of the current squad on.

Nor have we. You can see that on this thread. Fact is you need to have at LEAST the bare bones of a squad in place before you can have a mass clear out. We only have a small squad as it is, if we got rid of all the players that you are suggesting we wouldn't have enough to start the season with if we didn't get some in, and then we could be in the position of panic buying or just signing utter shite to make sure we could start the season. 1 year deals means that we're not commiting vast sums for years ahead and gives us the opportunity to get players in and then clear out next year if we can, without it costing us a fortune.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hart, Mayo, Oatway and Santos should all have definitely gone. Loft given three months, Breach obviously isn't gonna make it and Kuipers is difficult to call unless we can get a new keeper in.

You can't tell me if we wouldn't be able to get any frees or loans in better than the 4 we should have released by next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here