Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft gets another year

Titanic said:
Can I have an insult too... or more constructively an answer about the playing budget ?

(and I'm not 'pissing off' anywhere - I've just shelled out for two season tickets!)
More **** you then

I am not going to speak about the budget cos I know nothing about it, I am not the clubs accountant.

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
Think what is really pissing people off is the constant drivel coming out of Dick Knights mouth these days. If he just came out and said we have no money and won’t have until Falmer is sorted I’m sure the fans would be more sympathetic. However he is persistently coming out with cock and bull stories e.g. Dichio, Constantine, Shipperley, “Substantial playing budget” etc etc. Raising the fans expectations, its no wonder people are getting angry when we are offering new contracts to people like Doug Loft who couldn’t get close to the squad of a very average side all season. A few good signings could turn us into a decent side next season, however signing up the likes of Doug Loft shows our intent, to finish where we have this season, if Dick Knight would just admit this then at least us fans wouldn’t feel cheated like I feel at the moment.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Taxi said:
Could it mean that we are signing Whing?

I dont think that not signing a reserve means we are definitely bringing in a staple RB, but I suppose it could mean that area is a priority this summer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bobbyzam said:
Think what is really pissing people off is the constant drivel coming out of Dick Knights mouth these days. If he just came out and said we have no money and won’t have until Falmer is sorted I’m sure the fans would be more sympathetic. However he is persistently coming out with cock and bull stories e.g. Dichio, Constantine, Shipperley, “Substantial playing budget” etc etc. Raising the fans expectations, its no wonder people are getting angry when we are offering new contracts to people like Doug Loft who couldn’t get close to the squad of a very average side all season. A few good signings could turn us into a decent side next season, however signing up the likes of Doug Loft shows our intent, to finish where we have this season, if Dick Knight would just admit this then at least us fans wouldn’t feel cheated like I feel at the moment.

When did you hear Dichio Constantine and Shipperley? When did you hear or read substantial playing budget?

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
bobbyzam said:

not a shot at you bobbyzam, but a general question

who would be the one judging Doug Loft's ability and ultimately offering him another year, Knight or Wilkins?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
When did you hear Dichio Constantine and Shipperley?

Just after the end of the transfer window.

Another few that "got away".

Does DK go fishing by any chance?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gerbil said:
Just after the end of the transfer window.

Another few that "got away".

Does DK go fishing by any chance?

Which transfer window?

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
Yorkie said:
When did you hear Dichio Constantine and Shipperley? When did you hear or read substantial playing budget?

Shipperley Jan Transfer Winow 06

Dichio Summer 06

Constantine Jan Transfer Window 07

"substantial playing budget" Ian Harts phone in when Dick was last on.

All a load of old rubbish from Dick

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
cannedheat said:
who would be the one judging Doug Loft's ability and ultimately offering him another year, Knight or Wilkins

NSC know it alls

I would hope that retaining Loft was Wilkins choice, and imagine it was. The point that I was trying to make is I can't imagine Wilkins would have retained him, if he new he had the money for wages to replace him with someone better.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Is'nt that down to the manager to decide?

So why is Nsc already on page goodness knows what on this thread by now?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
Who said the words substantial?

I don't know about that I'm referring to all the players we were supposedly after and didn't get like Constantine.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gerbil said:
I don't know about that I'm referring to all the players we were supposedly after and didn't get like Constantine.
Constantine was this January but the other s mentioned were last year.
Fans moan if the club says nothing and moan when the club say who we are trying for.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
Fans moan if the club says nothing and moan when the club say who we are trying for.

But that is all people hear,who we WERE going after and didn't get.

Personally I'm past caring now but you must be able to see why people get fed up with hearing the same old sob story all the time.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Yorkie said:

dont forget, when we finally do sign a player we still moan: Bas Savage, and the infamous Revell thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm shocked that so many of you are shocked by what has happened so far. The best we could hope for was to add two or three players and we were never going to get shot of most of the squad. Any chance of a bit of patience before throwing more toys out of the pram?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here