Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan rumours

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I would have thought some Reading players, after the behind closed doors friendly. Though they seem to have already flogged a few off. An Arsenal youngster would be welcome. Someone mentioned Licka, at Southampton the other day, and from what I've heard he is a good player. Would also welcome Bopp after yesterdays showing.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
How cryptic is this quote about Currie in The Argus:

"Dixon, whose early team-mates at Wycombe included Albion old boy Paul McCarthy and future Seagull Darren Currie"

The only thing is, why would Luton want to loan one of their best players out to us when they could sell him for profit?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The club statement in response to the Argus article said that Darren Currie didn't sign due to administrative issues, which might suggest there is a possibility of him coming back.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
O'Callaghan's season doesn't start until March, not counting pre-season stuff, with Cork. But I really doubt that a: he'd come back and b: we'd take him for a month.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
O'Callaghan quote from Cork City web site 31 January 2008

Cork City Football Club are pleased to announce that George O’Callaghan and Dave Mulcahy have signed for the club following completion of their medicals earlier today. O’Callaghan has signed a three year deal on his return to the club, while Mulcahy has signed a two year contract with the Rebel Army.

City boss Alan Mathews told CorkCityFC.ie that he is delighted to have signed the two: “I’m thrilled with the players we’ve signed. They are quality players with the right attitude, and it gives us a strong squad for the season ahead. A lot of quality players have left this club over the last few years, and it’s great to be bringing quality players like these lads in. Pre-season is going well, and I can’t wait to get the season started.”

Speaking to CorkCityFC.ie at the club’s training ground in Bishopstown this afternoon, O’Callaghan said that he was delighted to be back: “I’m delighted to be back and I’m just looking forward to getting back playing, I have missed playing for Cork City. I really expect to give the league a good go this year, I really expect that Cork City will be up there and hopefully win the league again. I think when you look at it now we have a good squad, there’s a lot of strength in depth and it’s probably the best squad since we won the league and hopefully we can do that because that’s what I came here to do.”

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php#

That doesn't sound like somebody who has gone back only for a few weeks, even allowing for quote hype. (did you know that Cork City are known as "The Rebel Army"?

O'Callaghan quote from Cork City web site 31 January 2008

Cork City Football Club are pleased to announce that George O’Callaghan and Dave Mulcahy have signed for the club......
City boss Alan Mathews told CorkCityFC.ie that he is delighted to have signed the two: “I’m thrilled with the players we’ve signed. They are quality players with the right attitude......

Ahem. Obviously they didn't call DK for a REFERENCE then!

He can stick his "right attitude" RIGHT up his stirring rectum.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The source I got was reliable enough for me to text most people I know to say that Currie will join up with the squad on Thursday.

The fee and wages were agreed on deadline day but the paper work didnt go through, so he will come on loan for the rest of the season o February 7th.

if this does come off, i will have a hatrick of transfer rumours coming true this past couple of weeks :)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I heard the Currie rumour at HT on Sat as well. Not sure of the source though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here