Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] said his company is the biggest in Sussex without any external investors. I can fully understand why there’s no external investors.

I assume it’s Skerritts in Hove. They love a bit of market volatility to shake the investment tree for the wealthy. They’ll be less interested in plebs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh, and if you protest, apparently you could be being paid by Putin!

[tweet]1572910961941684225[/tweet]

fracking is a distructive practice with potential for catastrophical damage to landscape ,environment , flora and fauna .......the fact that it is being supported by governments around the world should confirm to us all that they just do not have our interests at heart and at the end of the day they don't actually give a shit about the environment.

Environmental issues are only used to raise levys and surcharges for the financial gain of governments , they are self serving, almost to a man/woman.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I still can't get over the fact the UK Chancellor is directly linked with the biggest hedge fund in Europe, who are specifically targeting and shorting the £ to devalue it against the dollar. Why are none of the UK media reporting on this? It's beyond corrupt/criminal and exactly what the tower of London was designed for.

Combined with the staggering amount of tax savings being funnelled directly to the wealthy... how can this be stopped?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are being asset stripped by our own politicians. That's what taking back control meant.

[tweet]1573775346213834753[/tweet]

[tweet]1573783691066843136[/tweet]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I still can't get over the fact the UK Chancellor is directly linked with the biggest hedge fund in Europe, who are specifically targeting and shorting the £ to devalue it against the dollar. Why are none of the UK media reporting on this? It's beyond corrupt/criminal and exactly what the tower of London was designed for.

Because you need cast iron proof of collusion/corruption to print allegations like that. That Reuters article states that this hedge fund has been shorting the pound all year, not just taking a short position once KK became chancellor for example and many other hedge funds will have done the same as the UK economy has not exactly been looking bright for a while now. It does look dodgy as hell but you have to have proof and usually need at least 2 sources before you can publish allegations of that nature. Private Eye will be all over it if they can prove it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is unreal “some of us have stables” and the realisation she’d call the working class “weeds” - you couldn’t make it up.

You might have been wooshed :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is barely satire

[TWEET]1573368415263268864[/TWEET]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two glaring comments in that video that show the utter distain the Tories have for anyone that is not rich.

" .. some of us have stables .." oh such a hardship.

and this one really gets my goat

"... we're pruning the working class ... "

Utter out of touch bitch. She's the one that needs pruning, from the House of Commons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because you need cast iron proof of collusion/corruption to print allegations like that. That Reuters article states that this hedge fund has been shorting the pound all year, not just taking a short position once KK became chancellor for example and many other hedge funds will have done the same as the UK economy has not exactly been looking bright for a while now. It does look dodgy as hell but you have to have proof and usually need at least 2 sources before you can publish allegations of that nature. Private Eye will be all over it if they can prove it.

The Sunday Times has done it. See my post above.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There are two glaring comments in that video that show the utter distain the Tories have for anyone that is not rich.

" .. some of us have stables .." oh such a hardship.

and this one really gets my goat

"... we're pruning the working class ... "

Utter out of touch bitch. She's the one that needs pruning, from the House of Commons.

Another one wooshed [emoji23]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't believe there are some that do not know of Rosie..it's incredible

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

You can see how Vote Leave won can’t you !

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Another little snippet for Steve Foster - I'm sensing he may be on his own with his optimisim over the "bonkers on coke fiscal strategy"

The first major fiscal intervention by a new prime minister has surely never been greeted with such widespread disdain. Less than three weeks into Liz Truss’s premiership, her new chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, announced the biggest programme of tax cuts in half a century, one that will benefit the very wealthiest while adding tens of billions to the national debt. The market reaction was instantaneous: the pound dropped to its lowest level against the dollar*since 1985. The “growth plan” was rubbished by thinktanks such as the Institute for Fiscal Studies. Backbench Conservatives lambasted the plan as “economically dubious”. And Larry Summers, the former US Treasury secretary, accused the UK of behaving like an “emerging market turning into a submerging market”

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Sunday Times has done it. See my post above.

I saw that. That extract is not alleging anything though, just printing what one source said and letting the reader draw their own conclusions. (I haven't read the whole article though, maybe that does make allegations). The keyword in his second tweet is "If", so they have no proof. Yet.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't believe there are some that do not know of Rosie..it's incredible

Some of us aren't on Twitter, Facebook etc so why would we have heard of her ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lol:

Keep those comedy one-liners coming. Your employer at the IEA thinks otherwise.

please explain the comedy. the NI rise was mostly on higher earners (hence the cut is benfiting them most), is that progressive or regressive?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

maybe because the Reuters story is Odey is shorting UK debt, not £. its an easy trade as BoE is expected to sell off bonds aquired under QE sooner or later, so expect debt price to be weak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here