Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Some of us aren't on Twitter, Facebook etc so why would we have heard of her ?
I'm off twitter too. But you're right, it was from.there, when I did access it, that she was so well known. As you said earlier, it is disturbingly believable too, and it really shouldn't be

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm off twitter too. But you're right, it was from.there, when I did access it, that she was so well known. As you said earlier, it is disturbingly believable too, and it really shouldn't be

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

This is barely satire

[TWEET]1573368415263268864[/TWEET]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comments on this are incredible.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Combined with the staggering amount of tax savings being funnelled directly to the wealthy... how can this be stopped?

You need to take the streets. Go out and physically drag the politicians, and their funders, out of power. But you won't... and they're aware of that. They're not afraid of the people, because they're not afraid of angry voices on the internet.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
You need to take the streets. Go out and physically drag the politicians, and their funders, out of power. But you won't... and they're aware of that. They're not afraid of the people, because they're not afraid of angry voices on the internet.

They also know they don't need to fear 'the people' because come the general election, they'll promise the proles more crack-downs on immigration, asylum seekers, and welfare 'scroungers', and the plebs will love them for it.

Meanwhile, if Labour, the Lib Dems or the Greens offer even the mildest policies to tackle poverty wages, exorbitant rents or corporate tax evasion, the Tories, and their Pravda-like press (the Mail, the Express, the Sun and the Telegraph) will accuse them of being 'anti-business', promoting 'the politics of envy', and of being 'wicked unpatriotic Communists'.

I hate the way that the Tories screw ordinary people and only serve the interests of the rich, but I also hate the voters, particularly working-class Tories, who keep supporting the Tories because they are constantly convinced that the Tories genuinely care about them - merely because they both hate foreigners, 'scroungers' and 'the Woke'.

Robert Tressell's novel, The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists is as depressingly relevant today as when it was written over 100 years ago.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Would you? Would you physically drag politicians out onto the street? Achieving nothing but a jail sentence?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would you? Would you physically drag politicians out onto the street? Achieving nothing but a jail sentence?

Not saying it is what I'd do, just saying its the thing that should be done. Whenever the elite in a country isn't afraid of the people, the situation turns dire and dangerous for the people.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Well, whilst I'm not what I'd class as poor, I wasn't a top rate taxpayer, so this budget doesn't really help me. Instead, we've now cancelled our UK holiday that we had booked for February in the Lake District and any extra money I do get from this mini-budget will go towards paying off debt, not into the local economy. Saying that, the extra money I get does not actually offset the price increases we've seen over the past year. We've also cancelled our Oddbox subscription and we are now examining all other areas of our financial life to see where we can reduce our outgoings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

So mob rule, yeah? That ought to improve things. How’s Sweden’s revolution against your own far right government going?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So mob rule, yeah? That ought to improve things. How’s Sweden’s revolution against your own far right government going?

What is your suggestion then? Watch people freeze or starve to death while waiting for the next magical election that will surely save your country?

Nothing yet in Sweden but once the new government starts making decisions that will make people starve or freeze, or if they do the whole "deport everyone with non-EU origin" that they've been talking about for years, I think and hope there will be chaos and and real attempts to surround and possibly get inside the house of the Swedish parliament.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
W I think and hope there will be chaos and and real attempts to surround and possibly get inside the house of the Swedish parliament.

What are you, eight?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Vote them out.

Lets get back to this comment in four months and see if you still think another 12 months of your current regime is something your country can afford without collapsing entirely.

I think a lot of people are underestimating what most of us Europeans are in for.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What are you, eight?

Nah. Just fully aware that protests, riots and violence against governments/rulers is how people improved their conditions throughout history whenever it has been a matter of life and death. I hope that again the people will be able to rise agains the tyranny, protecting fellow humans from starvation and misery.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lets get back to this comment in four months and see if you still think another 12 months of your current regime is something your country can afford without collapsing entirely.

I think a lot of people are underestimating what most of us Europeans are in for.

The only thing more important than getting rid of this awful government is that we do so in a peaceful and democratic manner.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The only thing more important than getting rid of this awful government is that we do so in a peaceful and democratic manner.

Remains to be seen if the hundreds of thousands people who may be hungry or homeless or both in a few months are going to agree with that take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here