Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Vote them out.

Liz Truss and Keir Starmer - tweedledum and tweedledee. The electoral system is designed and structured to prevent change - that is what is in the interests of the wealthy eltes. When there was an opportunity for potential change with Corbyn the entire force of the economic and political establishment (including the Blairites in the LP of whom Starmer was a leading figure) was brought out to vilify and ridicule him and the electoral process was used to unseat him (the Blairites consciously acted to lose the election to Johnson simply to remove Corbyn).

You are delusional if you think that bourgeois parliamentary 'democracy' is in any way democratic or a potential vehicle for change.

As Swansman said - change has only ever come when people organise and take to the streets.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Liz Truss and Keir Starmer - tweedledum and tweedledee. The electoral system is designed and structured to prevent change - that is what is in the interests of the wealthy eltes. When there was an opportunity for potential change with Corbyn the entire force of the economic and political establishment (including the Blairites in the LP of whom Starmer was a leading figure) was brought out to vilify and ridicule him and the electoral process was used to unseat him (the Blairites consciously acted to lose the election to Johnson simply to remove Corbyn).

You are delusional if you think that bourgeois parliamentary 'democracy' is in any way democratic or a potential vehicle for change.

As Swansman said - change has only ever come when people organise and take to the streets.

I'd rather have Truss than a communist revolution organised by an Irish pub bore, a Swedish troll and people who took Corbyn seriously.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd rather have Truss than a communist revolution organised by an Irish pub bore, a Swedish troll and people who took Corbyn seriously.

No shit. Most elderly middle-class centre-right-wingers feel that way... hence the situation you're in.

Blind faith in a system being able to resolve the issues caused by the same system.

But the oldies always felt that way regarding suffrage and what not. Its always been up to the younger generations to go against the obsolote and dysfunctional and the oldies holding on to it like some old dirty teddybear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I was going by the actual 'characters' convicted following riots in Bristol and London. Turns out many had past criminal convictions unrelated to class war for violence and/or drug supply.

[Not gleaned from the Daily Mail, just my own internet research on past court convictions].

Ah. Rent-a-mob. I think they're busy gluing themselves to motorways or something. A lot of them are posh boys and girls who can afford to put protest ahead of work.

I think Swansman and JRG are more talking about ordinary people, working two jobs and still struggling. They don't understand the stoic nature of the British working class, not actually living here. Those people will do things the right way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Which will happen in Dec 2024.

No need for the great unwashed (work shy) to smash shop windows and vandalise.

Of course right-wing muppets are always going to think the working class is work shy. Goes for Truss, goes for you.

In reality there will be people working full time and still not being able to afford to feed their families and provide heating or perhaps even housing.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
No shit. Most elderly middle-class centre-right-wingers feel that way... hence the situation you're in.

Blind faith in a system being able to resolve the issues caused by the same system.

But the oldies always felt that way regarding suffrage and what not. Its always been up to the younger generations to go against the obsolote and dysfunctional and the oldies holding on to it like some old dirty teddybear.
I'd rather have Truss than Putin, that Hungarian goon and the Brazilian fascist. So she's not in the bottom three I guess.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I look forward to you leading a charge of teens and twenties through the Stockholm streets, comrade. I'm sure it will happen any day now.

Although there was some analysis on Radio 4 in the UK on your election that suggested it was young people drifting to the right in Sweden as older voters tended to stick with the long term government they've always had.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah. Rent-a-mob. I think they're busy gluing themselves to motorways or something. A lot of them are posh boys and girls who can afford to put protest ahead of work.

I think Swansman and JRG are more talking about ordinary people, working two jobs and still struggling. They don't understand the stoic nature of the British working class, not actually living here. Those people will do things the right way.

I know you've already grasped the following .... you're dealing with posters who think Starmer/Reeves/G.Brown are Tory Light scum. JRG considers the lot evil capitalists or apologists for capitalists, from an armchair in another land he'd love to see this country smashed to pieces until politically minded workers and lay-abouts have complete control of the means of production. Then a political system so that never again can the Gordon Brown's, Starmer's or Truss's have any political power. Instead workers and lay-abouts committees.

As an aside, I find the obsession from abroad just with the UK interesting. France and Germany have huge numbers of millionaires and billionaires, with an exponential growth since Mar 20, they made their money from the pandemic. Sarkozy and Macron were/are centre-right and clearly right wing on economics and workers rights.

But not a peep. I wonder why foreigners want to UK to be torn apart in a revolution? That Brits don't want!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Judging from reactions from Brits found elsewhere on the web, I think it is actually you and other white old/middle-aged men struggling to understand the severity of the situation.

Time will tell, I guess. Not that I think you or Weststander are going to change your mindsets when people start looting stores to feed their starving families - you'll just call for harsher penalties and more police.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course right-wing muppets are always going to think the working class is work shy. Goes for Truss, goes for you.

In reality there will be people working full time and still not being able to afford to feed their families and provide heating or perhaps even housing.

You don't live here.

When cities were vandalised and the police attached by white dreadlocked skunk smokers, turns out that in affluent southern England they weren't working. Instead convictions for violence and drug peddling. Not family people, they didn't smash things up.

You know little about @GB or I, instead you guess, I'm not a Tory member and said all along that Truss was too right wing. I'm socially-minded and believe in far greater support for the 8m struggling and for mental health services.

Why your obsession from Sweden on the UK and always slagging our country off?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know you've already grasped the following .... you're dealing with posters who thing Starmer/Reeves/G.Brown are Tory Light scum. JRG considers the lot evil capitalists or apologists for capitalists, from an armchair in another land he'd love to see this country smashed to pieces until politically minded workers and lay-abouts have complete control of the means of production. Then a political system so that never again can the Gordon Brown's, Starmer's or Truss's have any political power. Instead workers and lay-abouts committees.

As an aside, I find the obsession from abroad just with the UK interesting. France and Germany have huge numbers of millionaires and billionaires, with an exponential growth since Mar 20, they made their money from the pandemic. Sarkozy and Macron were/are centre-right and clearly right wing on economics and workers rights.

But not a peep. I wonder why foreigners want to UK to be torn apart in a revolution? That Brits don't want!

I think France and Germany will be in a similar situation, and I think their populations should and possibly do the same. For some reason the domestic politics of France and Germany are not as widely discussed here as English ones though, so the opportunity to discuss what is happening there doesn't come by as often.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1574033618091085824[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think France and Germany will be in a similar situation, and I think their populations should and possibly do the same. For some reason the domestic politics of France and Germany are not as widely discussed here as English ones though, so the opportunity to discuss what is happening there doesn't come by as often.

They're not discussed here partly because many people lazily believe they enter paradise the moment they arrive at Coquelles.

We have a French-Belgium direct neighbour and opposite a very left-wing French lady. They like talking politics with us, they talk of a chasm of social injustice in France, how black people are encourage to p@ss off from small French towns and villages by all and sundry, how blacks/arabs live in colossal 1960's sink estates on the edge of Paris, Lyons and Marseille without any hope of integrating and finding employment, for the rest of their lives.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You don't live here.

When cities were vandalised and the police attached by white dreadlocked skunk smokers, turns out that in affluent southern England they weren't working. Instead convictions for violence and drug peddling. Not family people, they didn't smash things up.

You know little about @GB or I, instead you guess, I'm not a Tory member and said all along that Truss was too right wing. I'm socially-minded and believe in far greater support for the 8m struggling and for mental health services.

Why your obsession from Sweden on the UK and always slagging our country off?

This situation will be different. For a lot of people crime will become a need in order to survive.

My "obsession" with following and commenting on the events in a variety of nations is a result of several things, such as how the globalised world is connected, and a sense of solidarity with the poor and suffering not only in my own country but also elsewhere. If you look around, you'll find DOZENS of people throughout history who were interested in what happened outside their own bumhole.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They're not discussed here partly because many people lazily believe they enter paradise the moment they arrive at Coquelles.

We have a French-Belgium direct neighbour and opposite a very left-wing French lady. They like talking politics with us, they talk of a chasm of social injustice in France, how black people are encourage to p@ss off from small French towns and villages by all and sundry, how blacks/arabs live in colossal 1960's sink estates on the edge of Paris, Lyons and Marseille without any hope of integrating and finding employment, for the rest of their lives.

Of course. Macron is a neo-liberal bank-funded scumbag like the rest of the lot. I hope the French people overthrow their government when this winter of chaos arrives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here