Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs. AC Milan

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well there you go. Milan worthy winners, though Liverpool probably deserved it more. just didnt carry the first half performance though to the end.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Jam The Man said:
it wouldn't have mattered but it's a disgrace that the ref signals 3 mins for added time, during which there is a sub, and then he only plays 2 mins 47.. WTF is that all about? By the laws of the game there should have been another 43 secs left...

Alex Fergerson would be fuming if it happenned to him, but to be fair he knows more than anybody after winning this competition with nearly the last kick of the game !

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
43 seconds is a hell of a long time in the course of a football match...

Picture the scene.. ball goes out of play in play off semi against Swindon.. ref blows whistle on 119 mins 41 seconds to end the match...

NO Oatway throw, NO Cullip flick on, NO Virgo glory, NO play offs...

And while i've got the arse about time, why is the NSC clock running 10 mins slow?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Withdean Wanderer said:
Kuyt is an absolute DISGRACE. Has he done ANYTHING?

I thought he played pretty well, he worked hard, closed milan down, chased after everything that came his way and scored.

If anyone needs moaning at it's Pennant. He had loads of the ball but too many times he held onto it for too long.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Jam The Man said:
it wouldn't have mattered but it's a disgrace that the ref signals 3 mins for added time, during which there is a sub, and then he only plays 2 mins 47.. WTF is that all about? By the laws of the game there should have been another 43 secs left...

13 seconds actually.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Complete Badger said:
Totally the fault of that twat Benitez. What the f*** was he playing at? Milan were there to be beaten. Two strikers upfront would have resulted in Liverpool scoring far, far earlier than they did. Milan, as good as they were in the semi, were shocking tonight. I don't think I have seen less-worthy European Cup winners, but Benitez played right into their hands. What a tosser:angry:

But if Liverpool played with two upfront they'd be giving Milan a numerical advantage in midfield and allowing Kaka to dictate the game.

Liverpool created enough chances as it was to not have lost, they just didn't take them.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Crouch should have played, Bellamy should have come on and exploited an injured/old defence:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here