Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs. AC Milan

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
peter crouch in a champions league final:bowdown: :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that AC Milan win convincingly after the way Liverpool stuck two fingers up at the Premiership and fielded a reserve team against both Fulham, thus keeping them up, and Pompey which could have givem them a EUFA Cup spot.

As a punishment the FA should withdraw consent them to be in the Champions League next season.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I will watch it as whenever there champions league footie on the tele i put my tele on mute and have my radio on or do something else, so if it is a dull game i haven't wasted an evening.

Reckon A.C. Milan will win it

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I hope that AC Milan win convincingly after the way Liverpool stuck two fingers up at the Premiership and fielded a reserve team against both Fulham, thus keeping them up, and Pompey which could have givem them a EUFA Cup spot.

As a punishment the FA should withdraw consent them to be in the Champions League next season.

:clap: :clap:

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex
BensGrandad - Of course if Brighton were a week away from a Champions League final you'd be irate at Wilkins resting players in the last two league games that meant nothing to the Seagulls?

Pull your head out the sand. Benitez does what's best for Liverpool FC. As every other manager does for their club.

I suppose you were the sort that backed Warnock and his wild rants the other week about Liverpool and Benitez or Ferguson and Utd? Didn't hear any fucker moaning when Warnock played a weakend side away to Man Utd so he had his best players fresh for the midweek game against Watford. Warnock seemed to conveniently forget that as well.

I'm surprised at your lack of support for Liverpool considering they had a big news article on their official website a month ago asking fans to back Brighton's bid for Falmer with information on how they could help. Fans united eh?:glare:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
as much i want liverpool to win, i dontthink they will, 2-1 to Milan

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Love to see Liverpool win, simply because they play in the English league. What I never understand is why do English people like to see foreign teams like Celtic and Rangers do well.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I like a bet on a game when my team isnt playing but I have placed what is quite possibly the most stupid bet I have ever done today when I bet , with Bluesquare.com, on

Liverpool at 10/11

to kick off !

FFS ! what will they think of next ?

and what sort of idiot would place such a bet ?

don't answer that :drink:

(p.s. remember you heard it here first Uncle Spielberg)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:

What utter gash!

Benitez has HELPED the Premiership by reaching the Champions League Final. This gives the English top flight credibility, keeps the TV money rolling in.

And as for Fulham and Portsmouth having an advantage, you could say the same about any team who has to play one of the Big Four after they've played a midweek Champions League match, when they generally under-achieve due to fatigue.

The worst 3 teams went down - End of story. I'd feel a bit pissed off if I was a Sheff Utd fan, but they can have no real complaints - if they can't get a point against Wigan at home they don't deserve to stay up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
What utter gash!

Benitez has HELPED the Premiership by reaching the Champions League Final. This gives the English top flight credibility, keeps the TV money rolling in.

And as for Fulham and Portsmouth having an advantage, you could say the same about any team who has to play one of the Big Four after they've played a midweek Champions League match, when they generally under-achieve due to fatigue.

The worst 3 teams went down - End of story. I'd feel a bit pissed off if I was a Sheff Utd fan, but they can have no real complaints - if they can't get a point against Wigan at home they don't deserve to stay up.

I go along with that, why should other teams choose what players another team puts out?

Kaka is the danger man just like he was in the first half in their Final in 05. The second half and you didn’t see or hear him mentioned.

Milan are without Shevchenko, Stam, crespo and maybe Maldini while Liverpool have Bellamy, crouch, Kurt, pennart, Mascherano.

If Javier Mascherano snuffs Kaka out the game like he did when their countrys met then Liverpool have a good chance.

Let's not forget, Milan were actually fairly poor against Manure, but the mancs contrived to gift them a few very nice, easy goals. If Milan go into it thinking they can play pool like they did the Premier League Champions, then they will be prime pickings for Liverpool.

Chances are though, that they'll try to steam all over the scousers and show them a lesson for the last CL final they were in.

Bellamy is a good answer to the threat of Kaka imo, and Reese can wallop a left-footer in a straight line rather convincingly - as can Gerrard with a right foot. Carragher is England's best in his position at the moment. Crouch can get in trouble with refs when he puts elbows and whatever else over defenders - but his presence can also be rather formidable to deal with for crosses and set pieces.
Gatusso gives Milan a fighting spirit, and that 'indominable' figure that always is a good example for the team. If Liverpool can frustrate him or shut down his activity before he gets far with it, then I like their chances.

Milan have a lot to play for in this match, they won't need much pep-talk to have them be up-for-it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From the "Spotters Guide" in today's Guardian:

-a glassy eyed Steve Rider saying "Welcome to the Greek capital Athens, where Liverpool will be hoping to leave with the greatest gift of all, th Champions League trophy"

-Players on both sides leaping up and down on the spot and doing stuttery steps at the conclusion of pre-match Champions League anthem

-Lingering close up of attractive Italian woman with red andblack face paint twirling a scarf. "A wonderful spectacle inside the Olympic Stadium" says Clive Tyldesley

-Rafael Benitez doing fingers-tied-together gesture followed by frantic impression of man casting fly fishing rod

-Carlo Ancelotti seen with his left eyebrow higher than his right

-Chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone with close up of man with moustache wearing retro red shirt covered in vintage badges and holding up cardboard replica of trophy

-Steven Gerrard and Gennaro Gattuso making big show of picking each other upafter heav challenge. "No quarter asked, none given" says Martin Tyler on Sky

-Clive Tyldesley purring about "that magical night in Barcelona eight years ago when English football dared to dream the impossible"

-Jubilant transfer listed third string goalkeeper in club suit positioning himself at centre of post match bobbing huddle

-Player performing inappropriately sexual lambada-style dance around trophy on podium while victorious team waits for presentation

:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
edna krabappel said:
From the "Spotters Guide" in today's Guardian:

-a glassy eyed Steve Rider saying "Welcome to the Greek capital Athens, where Liverpool will be hoping to leave with the greatest gift of all, th Champions League trophy"

-Players on both sides leaping up and down on the spot and doing stuttery steps at the conclusion of pre-match Champions League anthem

-Lingering close up of attractive Italian woman with red andblack face paint twirling a scarf. "A wonderful spectacle inside the Olympic Stadium" says Clive Tyldesley

-Rafael Benitez doing fingers-tied-together gesture followed by frantic impression of man casting fly fishing rod

-Carlo Ancelotti seen with his left eyebrow higher than his right

-Chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone with close up of man with moustache wearing retro red shirt covered in vintage badges and holding up cardboard replica of trophy

-Steven Gerrard and Gennaro Gattuso making big show of picking each other upafter heav challenge. "No quarter asked, none given" says Martin Tyler on Sky

-Clive Tyldesley purring about "that magical night in Barcelona eight years ago when English football dared to dream the impossible"

-Jubilant transfer listed third string goalkeeper in club suit positioning himself at centre of post match bobbing huddle

-Player performing inappropriately sexual lambada-style dance around trophy on podium while victorious team waits for presentation

:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I reckon we'll get at least 7 of those 10.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
image002.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here