Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs. AC Milan

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Liverpool were rubbish. Got the distinct feeling they knew they were gonna lose.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
Gerrard only gets away with being an overpaid, overrated OAF of a man in an England shirt because Lampard is a FAT, overpaid, overrated OAF in an England shirt.

really? and exactly who would you play instead? ???

dont understand why its so popular to knock them both, just because they cant play together.

positive.... pennant was very good, promising for england.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we didn't have such a gimp in charge, i reckon you'd be able to add SCHOLES to that list:bowdown:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Barry Hazgon said:
Liverpool at 10/11 to kick off !

(p.s. remember you heard it here first Uncle Spielberg)

Not to mention Inzaghi to score in both halves at 33/1

:clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Les Biehn said:
Liverpool were rubbish. Got the distinct feeling they knew they were gonna lose.

Liverpool weren't rubbish, they were the better side. But Pennant squandered far too many good opportunities for getting a decent final ball in. I never had any confidence in him whenever he got the ball. Made a few good tackles, but you could sense that nothing productive would really ever come from him.

Milan were so below-par it was embarrassing. A good second goal, and a couple of neat bits of skill from Kaka, and that was about it.

An extremely under-whelming way to win the Champions League for me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Withdean Wanderer said:
If we didn't have such a gimp in charge, i reckon you'd be able to add SCHOLES to that list:bowdown:

I mentioned that in the England v Brazil thread.

NO PLAYER SHOULD EVER RETIRE FROM PLAYING FOR THEIR COUNTRY :angry:

It should be an honour to be picked for your country and to choose not to be picked is ijust taking the piss out of the THREE LIONS and shows disrespect to every every England fan :angry:

No problem if a player is finishing his career, but Shearer could of still got in the 2004 Euro championships he was still banging in the goals for Newcastle and Scholes is just taking the piss :angry:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Hargreaves
Carrick
Beckham
Lennon
Cole

Take your pick

oh. :lol: all very good top draw players. but 2 defensive midfileders and 3 wingers isnt going to give England a balanced midfield either. are you honesly saying that Gerrard or Lampard are not equal to them? actually, id quite like to see cole/carrick/hargreaves/lennon midfield, but im not sure we'd score any goals.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Wookiee said:
I mentioned that in the England v Brazil thread.

NO PLAYER SHOULD EVER RETIRE FROM PLAYING FOR THEIR COUNTRY :angry:

It should be an honour to be picked for your country and to choose not to be picked is ijust taking the piss out of the THREE LIONS and shows disrespect to every every England fan :angry:

No problem if a player is finishing his career, but Shearer could of still got in the 2004 Euro championships he was still banging in the goals for Newcastle and Scholes is just taking the piss :angry:

Although i agree to an extent, i think Paul Scholes genuinely cares about his football, and i expect there is more than meets the eye to his international 'retirement'.

Also, his eye problem probably plays a part. I was reading in the paper the other day about how at one point he was playing a match and could see the football four times.:eek:

eastlondonseagull said:
Liverpool weren't rubbish, they were the better side. But Pennant squandered far too many good opportunities for getting a decent final ball in. I never had any confidence in him whenever he got the ball. Made a few good tackles, but you could sense that nothing productive would really ever come from him.

Milan were so below-par it was embarrassing. A good second goal, and a couple of neat bits of skill from Kaka, and that was about it.

An extremely under-whelming way to win the Champions League for me.

agree, did he once ever go past the full back, no, not once, he always turned back on himself and either passed it back or put in a poor cross behind the forward line.

Pennant has pace but despite this, the defence had him sussed.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Lampard is not as good as those I mention, so I would rule him out straight away.

well I for one am glad your not in charge, drop lampard ??

:snigger:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Withdean Wanderer said:
Although i agree to an extent, i think Paul Scholes genuinely cares about his football, and i expect there is more than meets the eye to his international 'retirement'.

Also, his eye problem probably plays a part. I was reading in the paper the other day about how at one point he was playing a match and could see the football four times.:eek:

I had heard a very similar story just after he retired, that he has some chronic disease, cant remember the name, but it wears the body out and he could not sustain the level of training required for international football, I had heard it was so bad he nearly left Man utd and was on his way to Oldham to play out his career.

But IMO if he is producing the goods at the highest level in club football then he is fair game to be picked for international honours.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Why don't you think we would score any goals though? Cole and Lennon are both excellent creative players, and Carrick has a good pass in him.

to who?

Gerrard is mustard, dont care what people say. Lampard is possiby in need of a new fitness program and they clearly cannot play together. Lampard scored more goals in premiership than crouch or defoe. though that probably says more about them really. we all know where the answer there lies :lolol:

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
What has that useless lump of turd done for England since Euro 2004 that you consider worth keeping him in the team for?

hes the second best goalscoring midfielder in the premiership this season !! for starters ...

Hargreaves
Carrick
Beckham
Lennon
Cole

Take your pick

I'll take my pick and sling out Hargreaves, what has he EVER done to warrant as many caps as he has? He hasn't earned ONE!

And Lennon. He looks pretty with those jazz hands and the occasional numeg, but his percentage of success at crossing the ball is down to about 10%.
Replace EVERY time with Wright-Phillips if you want that kind of player.
Jenas would make way more sense than Lennon.

One thing proven from tonight, and I don't know why it was ever in doubt;- Gerrard is not a midfielder who can double as a forward in the same freakin' game. Whatever was Benitez THINKING? ...and WHY was Bellamy even on the bench if he couldn't see that Liverpool needed that sort of in-the-box player?

Benitez used to have more of my respect, until tonight. Now I see why Liverpool were so many points adrift of the league leaders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here