Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Away Tickets

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Is there any reason for putting the worst blocks on sale first
Cuts down on the segregation and stewarding needed as the far left blocks are separated from the stand on the side of the pitch. If it was sold from behind the goal going right, 2 segregation lines would be required. Happens at every ground where the stands aren’t attached.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Is this the first time you've bought away ticke
Is this the first time you've bought away tickets?
I’m fully aware of the reasons behind it, it was more a rhetorical question. Never seems right to give those fans who travel nearly every week the worst seats selection to start with. It’s not as if we won’t sell it out.
Is this the first time you've bought away tickets?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m fully aware of the reasons behind it, it was more a rhetorical question. Never seems right to give those fans who travel nearly every week the worst seats selection to start with. It’s not as if we won’t sell it out.
Well perhaps you could let TB know that you'll cover the cost of any that don't sell out rather than the club! Agree unlikely it won't sell out but it's been this way for years. Also, it's subjective which are the best seats.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Is there any reason for putting the worst blocks on sale first?
Yes, as it happens there is.
Away fan sections in most grounds tend to start in a corner or end of a stand and spread across towards the centre where there will be a segregation area before the home fans carry on. To maximise sales clubs will want to sell any spare tickets that the away club do not use to their own fans. To facilitate this the segregation area can be moved/adjusted within the stand whereas obviously the corner/end cannot be moved. So, unless an away club is very confident that all will sell, the tickets are released starting from the corner/end and as sales carry on then blocks closer to the centre become available.
I will say that in the past i have criticised the club on occasion for being over cautious, however i feel they are definitely improving in that regard. As an example it was pleasing this year that the whole of the away section at Chelsea was released in one go rather than corner first.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
How are these selling?
Early on the club only released AL9 and AL8 but they then pretty quickly also opened AL7.
Block totals are as follows:-
AL9 434(includes a section of 60 seats which have not yet been available, poss club comps)
AL8 757
AL7 844
so just over 2000 released so far. Currently still available 342 in AL9, 259 in AL8, 489 in AL7 total 1090.

How are these selling?
AL8 might just be half sold, the others barely even a quarter.

Have to say would be going to this any other time of the year, but so close to Newcastle it can't be justified in my household at least

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here