Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Away Tickets

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Shirley they have to open up the final block, otherwise it makes a mockery of the "go to far away games to build up your points" for those STH and Members in the 4th tier and below
I wondered that about the Newcastle game, sold out well in advance, I was hoping to pair my ST purchase with one for my wife who isn't a member, but they sold out before I managed to grab one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have just asked about block AL6 though the chat link and apparently

"We are unsure at this moment, we are just following the sales procedure that Liverpool have set us!"

They cannot say if the block will open or not :shrug:Just got to keep an eye on the website apparently.

I waiting to buy as the person Im going with is a new STH so cannot buy until tomorrow but may miss out if we are way back in the queue and they dont open that block

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have just asked about block AL6 though the chat link and apparently

"We are unsure at this moment, we are just following the sales procedure that Liverpool have set us!"

They cannot say if the block will open or not :shrug:Just got to keep an eye on the website apparently.

I waiting to buy as the person Im going with is a new STH so cannot buy until tomorrow but may miss out if we are way back in the queue and they dont open that block

It seems rather strange - Liverpool HAVE to give us 3,000. So if certain blocks aren’t on sale, you’d imagine that was BHAFC’s decision (to avoid having to pay for the whole block?)

There must be some complexities that we’re not privy to - but you’d like to think that clubs would try their best to make it easy for supporters to buy tickets.

It would be great if someone at the club could just explain what’s happening. Although perhaps communicating on issues like this is rather low down the list of priorities?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It seems rather strange - Liverpool HAVE to give us 3,000. So if certain blocks aren’t on sale, you’d imagine that was BHAFC’s decision (to avoid having to pay for the whole block?)

There must be some complexities that we’re not privy to - but you’d like to think that clubs would try their best to make it easy for supporters to buy tickets.

It would be great if someone at the club could just explain what’s happening. Although perhaps communicating on issues like this is rather low down the list of priorities?!
One hopes they do not bow to pressure from Liverpool who may be able to sell that block to home fans at vastly more than we are selling them for

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've not followed this thread, so what I'm going to say is quie broad and generic, rather than Liverpool-specific, but I suspect this is accurate.

Although a 3,000 allocation has to be offered, it will be done on a basis of "you're paying for all those tickets, whether you sell them or not".

To counter this, a smaller initiall allocation may be taken - the club will use data on prior fixtures to determine likely demand.

If and when that initial allocation sells out, the club will then make a call on further tickets, again knowing that if, say, they take another 1,000 tickets but can only sell 500, then they'll have to fork out £15k (500 tickets * £30).

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

The block that is yet to open is somewhere in the region of 950 tickets. To me the question would be, can that block be part released or if we open it is it "all or nothing". I have no doubt we could sell a lot more than is currently available with the all season tickets and members windows still to come but the whole block plus what is left at the moment?
If the club do not open even part of it before tomorrows window then i feel sorry for those in that window who will have a tricky decision to make.
Again this comes down to the club not knowing how many people have held off of a purchase because they are waiting for that particular block to open and therefore having to make a decision without all the information. I hope they make the right one.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
I've not followed this thread, so what I'm going to say is quie broad and generic, rather than Liverpool-specific, but I suspect this is accurate.

Although a 3,000 allocation has to be offered, it will be done on a basis of "you're paying for all those tickets, whether you sell them or not".

To counter this, a smaller initiall allocation may be taken - the club will use data on prior fixtures to determine likely demand.

If and when that initial allocation sells out, the club will then make a call on further tickets, again knowing that if, say, they take another 1,000 tickets but can only sell 500, then they'll have to fork out £15k (500 tickets * £30).
I think this is what is happening at many away games up north and I'm getting increasingly pissed off with it. We will sell 3K for a Sat 3p.m k.o all day long, why is Barber fannying around not taking the full allocation from day one? This is so unfair on non STH as it gives them zero chance of getting away tickets. I hope Burnley go back up again this season, at least that's one fixture I always get a ticket for.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
The block that is yet to open is somewhere in the region of 950 tickets. To me the question would be, can that block be part released or if we open it is it "all or nothing". I have no doubt we could sell a lot more than is currently available with the all season tickets and members windows still to come but the whole block plus what is left at the moment?
If the club do not open even part of it before tomorrows window then i feel sorry for those in that window who will have a tricky decision to make.
Again this comes down to the club not knowing how many people have held off of a purchase because they are waiting for that particular block to open and therefore having to make a decision without all the information. I hope they make the right one.
We've just spent 200M + on transfers and Barbers worried about not selling a handful of away tickets? As per usual non STH get treated like s**t.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
We've just spent 200M + on transfers and Barbers worried about not selling a handful of away tickets? As per usual non STH get treated like s**t.
Funnily enough in this instance it is season ticket holders who are getting caught with a tricky decision.
Do they buy in the corner block to guarantee themselves a ticket or wait in the hope that AL6 will open with its better views?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funnily enough in this instance it is season ticket holders who are getting caught with a tricky decision.
Do they buy in the corner block to guarantee themselves a ticket or wait in the hope that AL6 will open with its better views?
With the unfair situation that there could be 100's in the high tiers supporters fighting with those fans who are wanting to try and build their points up by travelling to the northern away games

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
With the unfair situation that there could be 100's in the high tiers supporters fighting with those fans who are wanting to try and build their points up by travelling to the northern away games
Yes, although in this instance i would think the vast majority of the highest points holders will have made the sensible decision to buy already in block AL7.
There will of course be some who want to sit with another season ticket holder with not enough points to buy already and thus wont have bought yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here