Line of Duty

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Aye....but over what.

Will Kate fall for her boss

What part does that young pc play

Will Steve be able to carry on hiding his addiction....will he start an affair.....why did his boss see that same lady....

Plenty of intrigue

I'm not too sure Steve is capable of an affair in his current physical state :lolol:

Worth noting that Chloe was the name of DCI Gates' daughter from series 1. Learned by now that everything Mercurio writes is for a reason.

Also note at the end when Davidson gets into the car with that copper Ryan who we know is corrupt (as he was in the OCG last series) and says "that's what happens to a rat". That tells me that she knew Farida went to AC12. How would she know that unless one of either Chloe or Arnott told her?

I have a feeling that Davidson's blackmail might tie into the photo that she threw the wine glass at in episode one.

And Kate is onto that young PC. She had his profile up on her computer at one point in the episode. He was the one that killed Corbett last series, wasn't he? Slit his throat, incidentally in a similar way to how that Banks fella died in this week's episode. And that placing of the knife was far too convenient. I reckon he's involved in that too.

For anyone interested, the 'Obsessed with Line of Duty' podcast (hosted by Craig Parkinson who played Dot, who I'm not *entirely* convinced we've seen the last of for some reason)) on BBC Sounds is great. Goes over loads of things that one would most likely have missed on first viewing. Link: http://bbc.in/39iBNj1

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not too sure Steve is capable of an affair in his current physical state :lolol:

Worth noting that Chloe was the name of DCI Gates' daughter from series 1. Learned by now that everything Mercurio writes is for a reason.

Also note at the end when Davidson gets into the car with that copper Ryan who we know is corrupt (as he was in the OCG last series) and says "that's what happens to a rat". That tells me that she knew Farida went to AC12. How would she know that unless one of either Chloe or Arnott told her?

I have a feeling that Davidson's blackmail might tie into the photo that she threw the wine glass at in episode one.

And Kate is onto that young PC. She had his profile up on her computer at one point in the episode. He was the one that killed Corbett last series, wasn't he? Slit his throat, incidentally in a similar way to how that Banks fella died in this week's episode. And that placing of the knife was far too convenient. I reckon he's involved in that too.

For anyone interested, the 'Obsessed with Line of Duty' podcast (hosted by Craig Parkinson who played Dot, who I'm not *entirely* convinced we've seen the last of for some reason)) on BBC Sounds is great. Goes over loads of things that one would most likely have missed on first viewing. Link: http://bbc.in/39iBNj1

Well I was thinking that but she asked him to come back again....maybe she quite likes the pain stuff :moo:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well I was thinking that but she asked him to come back again....maybe she quite likes the pain stuff :moo:

She must have kept his pain meds as he wasn't carrying those two family sized boxes of painkillers when he left her bungalow. He'll be back for those.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Be interesting to find out if Kate has been planted by Ted/another as deep undercover in MIT. She certainly has previous in this regard. No one is trusting anyone in AC12. Still suspicions on OCG connections in AC 12 for me. Hope it’s not Ted or god forbid Steve.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Since comic relief spoofed it, I’m struggling to take it seriously. Very little difference in fact! It’s run it’s course, maybe a series too many now.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
In her evidence Anderson said the robbers van was sitting idling outside the bookies. She could possibly see it, but definitely not hear it, as she whizzed by.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I only discovered LOD this time last year, obviously it's amazing, but this thread has passed me by. I also need to catch up on last night so won't be reading any of it.

My question: does anyone else refer to the show simply as "bent coppers?"

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think there is more to come with Steve Arnotts addition to prescription pills. At some stage, he wont be able to acquire as many as he needs to dull the pain. At that stage, in agony he will be at his most vulnerable. I suspect Steph is now involved in the OCG and will help Steve Arnott manage his pain through morphine etc. This will lead to his possible blackmail and attempt to turn Steve Arnott into a BENT COPPER

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think there is more to come with Steve Arnotts addition to prescription pills. At some stage, he wont be able to acquire as many as he needs to dull the pain. At that stage, in agony he will be at his most vulnerable. I suspect Steph is now involved in the OCG and will help Steve Arnott manage his pain through morphine etc. This will lead to his possible blackmail and attempt to turn Steve Arnott into a BENT COPPER

Script written by class 4, Downs Junior School? ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This, it is so boring, the acting is wooden, I caught the end last night when she has a mini freakout in the car, i was laughing the acting was so bad.

Whoever shouted "Cut... That's a wrap" and walked away happy needs a slap.

too many blue steel looks on the show, oh she said something important pan in or out with a look of quizzical bewonderment on said persons face...

Oh what does that mean?

dun dun durrrrn...

Booooooring....

Last edited:

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Really good tonight.

Davidson.
“She’s guilty “

10 minutes later

“No she’s not,”

20 minutes after that
“ No, she’s definitely guilty “

I don’t know whether I’m coming or going.

For me that is the beauty of it, not knowing if you are coming or going.

It seems a lot have now given up with it but for me it is the best thing on TV at the moment.

I can't wait for the next episode but will have to watch it on catch up due to our game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here