Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Is Terry Boyle the special needs person who’s flat the OCS used to store the women’s body in the freezer in the first series?
Only they mentioned that a large , heavy article had been recently moved out. Line of Duty hardly ever mention anything that is not relevant to the plot.
Even if it’s not the freezer, it will be important ( I think), ( maybe) ( perhaps).

Yes, Jackie Laverty (Gina McKee) is still in that freezer.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Wasn't as good as I expected

I said this to Mrs H as the final titles played but by the time we were 20 mins into Bargain Loving Brits Abroad I’d figured that Jed Mercurio is a quality writer, he’s now got to hook us all for the next 6 Sundays, it was always going to have to be a slow burner. 👍

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I said this to Mrs H as the final titles played but by the time we were 20 mins into Bargain Loving Brits Abroad I’d figured that Jed Mercurio is a quality writer, he’s now got to hook us all for the next 6 Sundays, it was always going to have to be a slow burner. ��

I am sure it will be excellent once it gets going. I can do without quite so many anachronisms though, the first ten mins was 50% in what might as well have been a foreign language to me.

Davidson is annoying me already and it’s a shame Kate has quit and Steve Arnott is so disgruntled and doped up on pain killers. All will be come clear...maybe

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Mrs Nose kept saying "Jizz?" what on earth is a "Jizz?!! That's a pretty stupid name for an informant..."

I had to explain it was CHIS - Covert Human Intelligence Source... after I sneakily Googled it when she went to the loo. ???

And I do agree, I spend as much time working out acronyms as I do following the plot line!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It was a bit slow, that's for sure, but yes, clearly thing will pick up. And were they hinting at a possible Vicky McClure/Kelly Macdonald, erm, romantic action?

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Excellent

Vicky McClure did mention on Graham Norton that that some of the teams roles will have changed and it would take a little while to get around it. By the end of the episode it all seemed to make sense and can't wait until next week.

The tension builds.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mrs Nose kept saying "Jizz?" what on earth is a "Jizz?!! That's a pretty stupid name for an informant..."

I had to explain it was CHIS - Covert Human Intelligence Source... after I sneakily Googled it when she went to the loo. ???

And I do agree, I spend as much time working out acronyms as I do following the plot line!

Bloody auto correct I meant acronyms not anachronisms :dunce:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Is Terry Boyle the special needs person who’s flat the OCS used to store the women’s body in the freezer in the first series?
Only they mentioned that a large , heavy article had been recently moved out. Line of Duty hardly ever mention anything that is not relevant to the plot.
Even if it’s not the freezer, it will be important ( I think), ( maybe) ( perhaps).

And the fifth series.

His real flat was opposite Kingsgate Printing services, where DS John Corbett was undercover for the OCG. That's why they briefly showed it again last night when Kate got out the car.

Terry took photos of Arnott from his flat and is being used by the OCG.

Laverty was in the fridge but they dumped parts of her with Corbett.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Caught up tonight. Davidson started so Scottish I couldn't understand her without really concentrating. Then I kept forgetting what she said as I concentrated on the next bit. That introduction of the chis was just stupid. Never used once in any previous episodes, then used it throughout without explanation until after the episode finished, obviously they only realised post production. Schoolperson error as once I recognised what they were saying, it irritated throughout that I didn't know what it was. Steve compounded it in the car with three acronyms in one sentence. Who gave the dialogue to a 16 year old on work experience and didn't anyone watch it back? Still, I've loved the previous ones and this was eagerly awaited. Set the scene. I'm sure episode 2 will be a better effort.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, it contained the body of the woman who has her throat cut while riding on top of Lenny James. Def a strong link between Terry and the OCG, it seems some sort of stitch up regarding this murdered journalist is coming.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is Line of Duty FFS. I wish all these people complaining about acronyms would just STFU.

Yes. I too had no clue what a 'Chiz' was, but I realised that in the context in which the word was being used it was what the old-school coppers (such as Jack Regan) used to call a 'snout'. All the acronyms in LID are part of its USP.

Anyway, I'm hoping that at sometime someone will say "YNS!" ("You're nicked sunshine!")

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. I too had no clue what a 'Chiz' was, but I realised that in the context in which the word was being used it was what the old-school coppers (such as Jack Regan) used to call a 'snout'. All the acronyms in LID are part of its USP.

Anyway, I'm hoping that at sometime someone will say "YNS!" ("You're nicked sunshine!")
LOL! Meant to type LOD.:dunce:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, it contained the body of the woman who has her throat cut while riding on top of Lenny James. Def a strong link between Terry and the OCG, it seems some sort of stitch up regarding this murdered journalist is coming.
And is Carl Banks related to Lee Banks from previous LOD ? Must be really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here