Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love it, three episodes in it’s all coming together rather nicely.

Many viewers, this was discussed in the media, were a bit bamboozled at first with all the mentions and links to characters from series years ago.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Has this thread been closed or did no one watch last nights episode?

Watched last night's after our game. I couldn't tell you what happened. I think that I spent most of the episode wondering whether H's surname is Maguire.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Apart from Hastings, Steve and Kate, has this series got a really good actor or strong character?
I mean the first series had Lennie James who was brilliant, I think I was on the edge of my seat watching from start to finish as it was so good.
Other series has had Keeley Hawes, Daniel Mays and Stephen Graham, all 3 are very good actors.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apart from Hastings, Steve and Kate, has this series got a really good actor or strong character?
I mean the first series had Lennie James who was brilliant, I think I was on the edge of my seat watching from start to finish as it was so good.
Other series has had Keeley Hawes, Daniel Mays and Stephen Graham, all 3 are very good actors.

I think Kelly MacDonald’s is great in it, Nigel Boyle (Buckells) very hate-able.

Many enigmas, are they part of the corruption or just ‘red herrings’?

Agree with you about Keeley Hawes, I wish she was part of the permanent cast. Great actress and very pretty.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think Kelly MacDonald’s is great in it, Nigel Boyle (Buckells) very hate-able.

Many enigmas, are they part of the corruption or just ‘red herrings’?

Agree with you about Keeley Hawes, I wish she was part of the permanent cast. Great actress and very pretty.

I’m going to stick with it, I’m just not enjoying this one like the others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm enjoying this series better than series 5 which almost got a bit silly with Hastings' laptop and trying to make us think he is H.

This seems more like back to basics LOD.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm enjoying this series better than series 5 which almost got a bit silly with Hastings' laptop and trying to make us think he is H.

This seems more like back to basics LOD.

I'm also enjoying it, but this really seems to be the most self-referential LoD, the number of previous characters/series introduced in the first three episodes surely surpasses prior series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I find the significance of the internal balcony at HQ amusing. A place for Hastings and/or Arnott to stare at suspects arriving for interview, or departing.
This! [emoji16]..... Mind you how many Anti -Corruption Units do they have? Was it AC -6 in the building doing random drug tests last week? If there is a series of AC1-12 is it any wonder that trust in the police has been undermined?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to the Times the other week Episode 4 has a massive twist. I reckon Kate is still employed by AC12 and undercover. Maybe her boss is as well and she has infiltrated the OCG.

Any other suggested twists chaps?

Yes, I think it’s Buckless on the AC12 payroll. Why else was Ted calling him?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the Times the other week Episode 4 has a massive twist. I reckon Kate is still employed by AC12 and undercover. Maybe her boss is as well and she has infiltrated the OCG.

The most massive twist would be if the caddy is still alive.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Kate is H is a strong one. Unlike Arnott how she got into AC12 has never been mentioned. She always been in the right place and the only one at death of Dot Cotton. Who knows what was whispered in her ear? If she was undercover placed by Ted she could be recalled and be in prime position to take over AC12 once Hastings gets the sack for overstepping the mark with his seniors once too often. She would then be able to protect OCG from proper investigation and maybe convince officers Davidson at the Hill was a good cop. OCG would then have it all wrapped up.

Buckells, playing the role of the useful idiot for OCG, and his relationship with Hastings is an interesting one. Maybe more to Buckells than meets the eye.

Chloe the sidekick to Arnott maybe Tony Gates’s daughter who could put a spanner in the works especially if Steve is sidelined.
The writer has also said there will be an appearance from someone mentioned before but not seen. Dot Cotton’s wife who is in forensics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here