Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life On Mars

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I got hooked after last weeks football episode.

I like the tongue-in-cheek style and the boss character. It's great fun old fashioned quality entertainment. Not 100% serious but it is 100% enjoyable.

It's about time the BBC pulled their collective finger out

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
as always a superb episode tonite, loved it!! this is another brilliant series on the bbc. first non- comedy series on bbc that i have become obsessed with, great way to fill these weeks without lost

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Absolute shit last night.Today's Police procedure would never have allowed our fave WPC to go to the gunman.The best bit for me was at the end when they were outside,after a long major armed hostage situation, in a major conurbation,one of the coppers said "someone call an ambulance":lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brixtaan said:
Absolute shit last night.Today's Police procedure would never have allowed our fave WPC to go to the gunman.The best bit for me was at the end when they were outside,after a long major armed hostage situation, in a major conurbation,one of the coppers said "someone call an ambulance":lolol:

Its a drama programme and not supposed to be 'real life ' like the Bill or whatever.

Suspension of disbelief is allowed. After all its about a bloke from 2006 trapped in 1973!!!

"That was a single malt. What kind of monster are you"

Best bit (by far) was where the bullet hit the hip flask. Oldest gag in the world was that the bullet hit it and saved his life.

"What are the chances of that" said Sam. Then Gene pulls out one from his left breast pocket, and the two other side pockets!! "About one in four!"

A great spin on an old gag! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
A bit weak last night but still quality TV. I liked the way everyone was wasted after the party and the cheif turns up suppin' a hip flask!

"hair of the dog"

:clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brixtaan said:

I thought the heart attack bit was very weak, somebody who's heart stops, two minutes later can walk unsupported out of the building. Also the WPC askes for help with CPR - CPR didnt exist in the 70's.

Other than that it was a top show again

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did anyone notice Gene's megaphone made out of cardboard and sticky tape with CID on it? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the WPC is yummy

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
227 BHA said:
Yes but it does exist in 2006 and the whole 70's bit is just in the head of Sam from 2006

OK but if that is the argument, how does Sam know what the inside of a 70's pub is like etc if he was just a kid in the 70's???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
gazwag said:
OK but if that is the argument, how does Sam know what the inside of a 70's pub is like etc if he was just a kid in the 70's???

Because as a kid he would have watched TV? Which had pub scenes in like Coronation Street, various sit coms etc etc

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
gazwag said:

Stop f***ing nit picking! It's not a documentary of 70s life, it's a chuffing drama. i.e. a bit of entertainment to cheer up a dull Monday evening. For my money it does a pretty good job too!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lammy said:
Stop f***ing nit picking! It's not a documentary of 70s life, it's a chuffing drama. i.e. a bit of entertainment to cheer up a dull Monday evening. For my money it does a pretty good job too!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fourteenth Eye said:
when i firt saw here in that nurse's uniform ............:love: :drool:

I liked it last week when she was the barmaid in that low cut top:drool: She used to be the diner lady in Teachers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here