Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life On Mars

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
McShane79 said:
:thumbsup:

Thought last night was good - less on the laughs than the earlier ones, but Hunt was classic when he brought out all those hip flasks after being shot!!!

'Well you never know how far your gonna be from a boozer"

another great episode, its my show of the year at the moment

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lammy said:
Stop f***ing nit picking! It's not a documentary of 70s life, it's a chuffing drama. i.e. a bit of entertainment to cheer up a dull Monday evening. For my money it does a pretty good job too!

Sorrriiieee

I was merely stating that the heart attack scene was weak, 2006 or 1970 nobody suffers a heart attack - has a cardiac arrest and walks out a building unaided two minutes later

I did not say it was supposed to be anything other than a good nights TV, I'm sorry I haven't jumped on the bandwagon and agreed with everybody else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
gazwag said:
Sorrriiieee

I was merely stating that the heart attack scene was weak, 2006 or 1970 nobody suffers a heart attack - has a cardiac arrest and walks out a building unaided two minutes later

I did not say it was supposed to be anything other than a good nights TV, I'm sorry I haven't jumped on the bandwagon and agreed with everybody else.

Ady said that to me last nite. But then the programme is only an hour long. Suspension of disbelief is allowed...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
gazwag said:
Sorrriiieee

Your SO not understanding the plot are you, hes making it all up from his coma, ITS A DREAM and as sam repeated many a time last night NO ONE DIES TODAY..

some people eh :dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
gazwag said:
Sorrriiieee

...I'm sorry I haven't jumped on the bandwagon and agreed with everybody else.

apology accepted now GET ON THE BANDWAGON!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Missed it tonight as I was watching the end of the hockey, is it shown again?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They're showing the first episode again at 1:40am in the BBC sign zone. If you're lucky they may be showing the whole lot through the week and you can record it if you're not able to stay up for it.

I missed the pilot so I'm sitting up waiting for it to come on

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't fancy staying up that late and have no means of recording it, will have to check if it is on again, probs on BBC3.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Great show every week but the relationship between him and the gaffer doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Every week they start out at complete opposite ends of the spectrum (modern day cop/70's cop) and by the end are more alike than they thought and have just a little bit more respect for each other.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
gazwag said:
I thought the heart attack bit was very weak, somebody who's heart stops, two minutes later can walk unsupported out of the building. Also the WPC askes for help with CPR - CPR didnt exist in the 70's.

Other than that it was a top show again

Only just spotted this. It did (and in the 60's when I learned it) but wasn't called CPR just rescucitation.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What's the betting next week he does not get back. I wouldn't be supprised if they had recorded two endings one with him getting back for use if the show was a flop and one where he doesn't to use if it was a hit.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wardywonderland said:
What's the betting next week he does not get back. I wouldn't be supprised if they had recorded two endings one with him getting back for use if the show was a flop and one where he doesn't to use if it was a hit.

Yep that's what I was thinking last night. Too good not to eek out another series.

No more than two though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
exactly what I said to Mrs Zef last night, I bet they recorded two endings depending on whether they got commisioned a 2nd series !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yorkie said:
Only just spotted this. It did (and in the 60's when I learned it) but wasn't called CPR just rescucitation.

Yes resuscitation existed, in fact mouth to mouth started at around 1950, but the american term "CPR" didnt become the buzz word until the 80's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here