Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior signs on a 3-year deal

Dec 29, 2011
Some good quotes there:

"Best right back in the league and a great professional, given away to a rival"

"We're doing a grand job of strengthening our rivals, wonder when we'll start looking at our own team."

"Good luck to him, will be a good signing for them, should never had let him leave."

"I wish him all the best, but it was still an idiotic decision to let him leave."

"Should never have been let go ! A very big loss both on and off the pitch ! Good luck lad you deserve it !!"

"Not only was he a versatile RB or LB. But he will also be outstanding in this division. How often do we get players that are genuinely passionate about this region and talk incredibly well. He's one of my favourite City players of the modern era. Best of luck Rosey."

Etc etc..

To the ones calling us their rivals, they obviously didn't follow the championship very closely when they were in he premier league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good start to the signings.

We still need 2 defenders. Will it be 2 central defenders, or 1 central defender and 1 left back ???

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Where's our next signing anyway?? We haven't signed anyone in like, what, 16 hours?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A quite outstanding signing from the club, hats off to the. They've delivered a player of the cailbre to help us fight for promotion, not many better full backs in this division than Liam.

Well done to all involved, another couple now please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't quite understand the fascination with the age and speed of the defenders.

We don't play a high line, or look for off-sides, so what does it matter.

Can he read the game?
Can he time a tackle?
Can he pass accurately?
Is he good enough to allow the midfield to push further up the pitch?

Age and speed doesn't really come into any of that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I went there to pick up some stuff once.
They all look like they have the same parents!

Yorkshire does have a more than average element of inbreds :thumbsup:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Think this would be the case.....total cost over three years calculated usually, without a transfer fee means wages probably higher than we usually pay.

Although I'm sure I recall Bloom saying that there are two separate budgets; one for transfer costs and one for wages.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't quite understand the fascination with the age and speed of the defenders.

We don't play a high line, or look for off-sides, so what does it matter.

Can he read the game?
Can he time a tackle?
Can he pass accurately?
Is he good enough to allow the midfield to push further up the pitch?

Age and speed doesn't really come into any of that.

Age I couldnt really care, although younger is handy.

Speed at the back I definately care about as we have none... hence we defend deep so no room in behind.

If we can just get 10-15 yards further up the pitch it would make all the difference to our forward play and in what areas we win the ball back in.

For me that is a big issue/problem with us at present

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Transfer activity seems to have been good for business today at The Amex

lewis. ‏@lewisbhafc 2m2 minutes ago

Been a great day for Season Ticket sales, welcome to everyone who has booked with us for 15/16 so far #Together

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OLD NEWS - BORING - MOVE ALONG - NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

The King is dead, long live the king.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In today's Argus, CH says he still wants to sign a LeftBack, so Rosenior wasn't our signing for this position.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In today's Argus, CH says he still wants to sign a LeftBack, so Rosenior wasn't our signing for this position.

That's good news. I assume though he is also after a CB as cover for Pinky & Perky now Hughes has gone. Personally I think this should be Greer's last season as a 1st choice player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here