Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior signs on a 3-year deal

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In today's Argus, CH says he still wants to sign a LeftBack, so Rosenior wasn't our signing for this position.

That's putting your spin on it. My spin says that I'd expect Bruno to play the majority of games at right-back, and Rosenior at left-back. We could always sign another left-back for cover, and then wave bye-bye to Chicksen.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
In today's Argus, CH says he still wants to sign a LeftBack, so Rosenior wasn't our signing for this position.

My fingers are crossed for Marcus Olsson, 27 year old Swedish international who can also play on left wing and is available on a free as his contract has expired with Blackburn and was there player of the year last season in 14-15, also has a vague connection with Hughton as he signed his twin brother Martin for Norwich.

Garrido or Ward also wouldn't be bad choices either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's putting your spin on it. My spin says that I'd expect Bruno to play the majority of games at right-back, and Rosenior at left-back. We could always sign another left-back for cover, and then wave bye-bye to Chicksen.

Good point. Maybe the new left back will be intended to be first choice in 2016/17, with Rosenior starting as left back for us, then moving to right back in a year's time ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Baldock yes Colunga no. I get the impression that CH is looking at at Hedem/Baldock two up front with Baldock dropping back if need be.

I believe Murphy could play as a 2nd striker ( as well as being a winger ) **if we get him** ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

That's what I thought but I'm not so sure know with CH's comments today.

I've also just read this from yesterday's Argus:

Rosenior said: “I am right-footed so I would say right-back but it is a strange one as I am just as comfortable at left-back. I use my right foot a lot at left-back but I am quite effective in that way. I will happily play anywhere the manager needs me to play and do a job for the team.

:shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good point. Maybe the new left back will be intended to be first choice in 2016/17, with Rosenior starting as left back for us, then moving to right back in a year's time ???

I did have this in mind. It might also be the case that Rosenior plays at right-back exclusively. He might play both. We shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here