Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt leaving?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he does go I hope Gus doesn't decide to gamble on bringing in a high profile injury prone midfielder to replace him.

I think we'd be quite f***ed if Liam goes, hope we are close to being safe by then.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Christ! Will the last one out please turn off the lights. God forbid the day ever comes when we can actually hold onto our best young players.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Christ! Will the last one out please turn off the lights. God forbid the day ever comes when we can actually hold onto our best young players.

Not really our young player though is he. We bought him and we may sell him on. Not the same as Virgo/Lynch et al.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really have some strange opinions. You would turn down a current England centre forward and one of the best strikers in the Premiership for Liam Bridcutt? Highly bizarre we could replace Bridcutt by spending a million pounds but Zamora would literally tear the Championship a new arse hole.

If this deal materialised we would score a lot of goals but conceed many so we would be like Newcastle under Keegan winning games 5-4. I accept that BZ would be great for us but it is beyond imagination that it would be a straight swap it would obviously be LB + money. LB is vital to us at the moment and virtually irreplacable. how much did Spurs pay for Parker? In CMS we have a player capable of scoring the goals that BZ did and could for us, provided we start playing to his strengths and not isolating him and expecting him to score from nothing every few minutes and every chance.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I would be more worried if David Moyes was sniffing around, i would have thought Martin Jol would be following the usual trend of looking abroad to get a "cheaper" player

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Easy10 was just playing devils advocate. There is no way he could have been serious.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think Bridcutt is strong/powerful enough - a problem we seem to have all over the pitch when compared to many of the players we are up against. Personally, I am looking forward to El Abd getting stuck into this division.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If this deal materialised we would score a lot of goals but conceed many so we would be like Newcastle under Keegan winning games 5-4. I accept that BZ would be great for us but it is beyond imagination that it would be a straight swap it would obviously be LB + money. LB is vital to us at the moment and virtually irreplacable. how much did Spurs pay for Parker? In CMS we have a player capable of scoring the goals that BZ did and could for us, provided we start playing to his strengths and not isolating him and expecting him to score from nothing every few minutes and every chance.

Your right the deal won't materialise as Fulham would and Bobby would never agree to such a deal. But given a straight choice between the two players you have to go with Zamora. Him and CMS would be a frightening prospect in this league and would both score twenty plus. Bridcutt, Noone & Greer have been our best players this season but all would be replaceable for around a million pound, whereas to buy a Zamora equivalent you are looking at 5 million plus.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not sure I get your point.

If Navarro suggested Bridcutt blacked up ? Just wouldn't make much sense.

If you don't understand, ask an adult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here