Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt leaving?!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
It might not be directly racist but it IS totally indicative of a racist attitude - common to

a) the casually racist seventies
b) bernard manning, jim davidson etc and other worthless morons of their ilk

it is on the line and because of the kind of person who would spout it as humour it is on the wrong side of it.

Yes, basically by "blacking up".

Generally thats considered fairly racist in this day and age. I don't consider myself overly sensitive and I'm not interested in getting into a binfest over it though. I'm not reporting it to the mods or anything. In my view though, that was a racist remark. Maybe I've given Public Schoolboy the reaction he was fishing for, in hindsight I probably should've just ignored it.

Ho hum.

You are absolutely right to challenge it.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Fulham are reportedly going to make a 3.5M bid for Liam Bridcutt in january, which is likely to be accepted. heard this from a bloke that works at the club so dont shoot the messenger.

"Hi Craig, can I have a 4th RT as my mum is Ryan Harley's estate agent?"

Won't believe this until someone more grown up posts it.

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Yes, basically by "blacking up".

Generally thats considered fairly racist in this day and age. I don't consider myself overly sensitive and I'm not interested in getting into a binfest over it though. I'm not reporting it to the mods or anything. In my view though, that was a racist remark. Maybe I've given Public Schoolboy the reaction he was fishing for, in hindsight I probably should've just ignored it.

Ho hum.

You're exactly right.

Again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having made the remark, i really can't see how anyone could possibly consider it as a racist remark. I'm sorry you fond it to be offensive. I'm just glad I did not mention Jehovah.

And the most worrying thing is, I believe you.

(and what Jehova has to do with any of this, I genuinely have no idea).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not checked on the stats, but did they actually play together on many occasions then?

Bridcutt 37 starts, 7 sub appearances, appearing in every match bar colchester from the first FC united game to the end of the season.
Murray appeared in every game bar the first two and the last three.

They played together plenty.

EDIT:
Noone featured in all bar four of our games from Exeter to the end of the season. 10 starts, 13 subs, total game time of 1113 minutes

I didn't realise it was about noone. I can clearly remember at least one far post cross that murray headed in (looked like it may have been sneaking in anyway)

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do not belive a club would be banding around how much they will be paying for a player in January with two months to go, when anything can happen. Further more 3.5m is a "stupiiiiid :moo:" amount for a player who lets be honest has not set this division alight let alone the best player at our club. There are better players in this league for less. This is poppycock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt 37 starts, 7 sub appearances, appearing in every match bar colchester from the first FC united game to the end of the season.
Murray appeared in every game bar the first two and the last three.

They played together plenty.

I must have misread it because I thought the question was about Noone and Murray playing together not Bridcut and Murray.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Send Navarro to the tanning clinic and stick a fuzzy on is head. May be we can cast him off as Bridcutt.

firstly please explain how it is racist and secondly regarding Jehovah, I refer to The life of Brian

If it really needs explaining as to why that is a racist remark, then I fear it'd be a waste of my time and yours.

But put it this way. Given the hypothetical chance, would you actually say that out loud in front of Bridcutt and Navarro ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here