Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt leaving?!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I must have misread it because I thought the question was about Noone and Murray playing together not Bridcut and Murray.

Right you are. I must have skipped over that originally, I assumed it was bridcutt.

Noone featured in all bar four of our games from Exeter to the end of the season. 10 starts, 13 subs, total game time of 1113 minutes

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Navarro is OK, may struggle a bit in the Championship.

Bridcutt is superb and totally, completely vital to how we play.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
I think the man to fill that role, protect Vicente.....get stuck in, defend and push when needed is ........Adam el abd.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If it really needs explaining as to why that is a racist remark, then I fear it'd be a waste of my time and yours.

But put it this way. Given the hypothetical chance, would you actually say that out loud in front of Bridcutt and Navarro ?
Thought u sed u weren't going to go on about it.....but u seem to have

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think the man to fill that role, protect Vicente.....get stuck in, defend and push when needed is ........Adam el abd.....
Sorry don't agree with that at all, to play "The Gus Way" you need a ball winner and ball player to link midfield to defence. The only way it would work with El Abd is to play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. Horses for courses and Bridcutt is a midfielder while El Abd is a defender we can't afford to have players out of position an example of that is Barnes and look at the shite that is wriiten about him on here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

been thinking this for a long time ...am I right in thinking he has played in midfield before

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
El-Abd is a centre back. He has been superb there since Gus took over and I see no reason for that to change. Do you not remember the tosh that was bandied around on here about him not being capable at league one level a before last season? That was because he did not have a fixed position in the team.

Bridcutt is reportedly on peanuts and it's because of this I'm not surprised that transfer rumours have began this soon before the transfer market opens. I'll be amazed if he isn't offered a new contract off of the back of these stories and significantly improved terms.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I'm not entirely convinced we pay peanuts or are you speaking relatively?

Relatively of course! I'd be amazed if there aren't plenty of offers (or rumours of offers...) for him - Even if they are just the product of an agent with an agenda...

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
El abd....centre back yes, holding midfield....not much difference if capable. Surely the art of all management is to not only nurture and encourage, coach individuals to cope with existing roles.....but to also have the skill to spot potential in someone who may fill another role equal to or better than what you already have in a team??

If that makes sense.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we keep Dunk I see no reason why when fit Adam El Abd cannot play just in front of the back four which would improve our defensive capabilities, Nobody is expecting him to become 2nd Bryan Robson and chase all over the park but to just sit and hold the back line together to link up and give the ball to our more attacking midfielders. Having said that I think that Vincelot could do the same job now.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I wouldnt want that deal as much as I like BZ I think at the moment LB is of more value to us.

You really have some strange opinions. You would turn down a current England centre forward and one of the best strikers in the Premiership for Liam Bridcutt? Highly bizarre we could replace Bridcutt by spending a million pounds but Zamora would literally tear the Championship a new arse hole.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You really have some strange opinions. You would turn down a current England centre forward and one of the best strikers in the Premiership for Liam Bridcutt? Highly bizarre we could replace Bridcutt by spending a million pounds but Zamora would literally tear the Championship a new arse hole.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here