Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council accept Falmer decision - official

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
when it is quite clear that another option for the stadium, Sheepcote Valley, would have done a lot more for Brighton.

this could open the floodgates to other inappropriate applications and mark the end of protection for nature sites as we know it."

."

This is the point that has always got me. I know as a birdwatcher, and it was clearly put across by old Fred from the Friends of Sheepcote Valley at the Inquiry, that Sheepcote Valley has far more value as a nature site; it is a very important resting area for migrating birds, and that building there would be far more harmful than building on a worked out, intensively farmed field (okay, Fred was not particularly in favour of Falmer, but I think my point is clear). All in all, though, this is great news. Perhaps some of the new councillors have seen sense at last.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have the feeling it may now be time to crack open that bottle of Chateau Tizer 1976

I think now is the time for all fans to unite under the banner of "WELL DONE THE FALMER FOR ALL TEAM, THE SEAGULLS PARTY, THE BOARD OF BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION - WELL DONE INDEED FOR GIVING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE THIS CLUB FORWARD.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

scooter1

How soon is now?
This is marvellous news. Great stuff.

Presumably, we still have to wait the full six weeks to be completely in the clear?

FPC, CPRE, Downsmen, etc as interested parties still have the right to mount a challenge.

My champagne staying in the fridge for now.

I'm with HKFC on this, its great news but until FPC come out and say they're not going to continue their fight then my elation remains subdued.

Come on FPC, accept the decision and lets all move forward!!

I'm not at all worried about Falmer PC or the South Downs Society. Without the backing of a Planning Authority, a legal challenge stands no chance of succeeding.

Judge:- "Well, Mr Hopkins, what is the attitude of the planning authorities to this appeal?"

Charlie Hopkins:- "None of them support it".

Judge:- "Goodbye Mr Hopkins. Pay the government's costs on your way out".

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
FPC and others must have hoped against hope that LDC would have summoned the will to appeal again. LDC decision must have been the news that they most dreaded.

I cant see the Sussex Downs people be willing to risk and lose so much of their money. They will need as much of their own money in protecting the downs in causes that they can win.

As for FPC, I dont believe that they have the money to do it. Yes, there are some wealthy people who live in Falmer, but it will be their actual money to risk. I doubt they would do it.

I think we are there or at 99% there!!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on FPC, accept defeat or we pull your church down and drain your pond !!! :angel:

Is there a church there ??

did you know the Church at Falmer was given to Anne of Cleves as part of the divorce settlement.

:thumbsup:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Get in there, that is top news, brightened up the day already!!

Just so annoying that a Parish council can hold the key to our decision once more, and no doubt they will leave it until the last day of their fortnight to delay that little longer.

Iv been to a PC meeting before and its just a chance for up their own arses villagers who are above their station to laud their own importance, tossers :censored:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
FPC and others must have hoped against hope that LDC would have summoned the will to appeal again. LDC decision must have been the news that they most dreaded.

I cant see the Sussex Downs people be willing to risk and lose so much of their money. They will need as much of their own money in protecting the downs in causes that they can win.

As for FPC, I dont believe that they have the money to do it. Yes, there are some wealthy people who live in Falmer, but it will be their actual money to risk. I doubt they would do it.

I think we are there or at 99% there!!

Agreed, be on the look out for some houses for sale in Falmer Village!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
the parish council stand firm

_1963606_parish300.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here