Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council accept Falmer decision - official

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If the costs were 60k with LDC last time they will be substantially higher without them. LDC had in-house legal and planning personell which FPC won't have access to.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If the costs were 60k with LDC last time they will be substantially higher without them. LDC had in-house legal and planning personell which FPC won't have access to.

Right, and they have to stump up the cash beforehand, so they have a month to come up with the readies. Unlikely, I'd say, unless they get a benefactor.

In any case, it's not just about the money, as Lord B points out, as the local Planning authority (LDC) are not supporting the appeal, the case will likely be thrown out by the judge at the hearing stage.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
This is excellent news! I wait until the deadline has passed, but the Champers is off the shelf and dusted down and ready to be drunk.

falmer_stadium02m.jpg

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I would think they will need to raise a hell of a lot more than 60k, as they will need to show that they can cover the Governments costs when they lose.

While we are talking about building bridges with LDC, can we build one from Earwig Corner to join the A27 at the Kingston Roundabout?

It would make my journey to work much quicker!

:dunce:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am coming dangerously close to really believing this might actually happen !

I can't really accept that the years of marches, appeals, court cases, red tape and all that bollocks might finally be behind us.

It could be true this time though................ couldn't it ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am coming dangerously close to really believing this might actually happen !

I can't really accept that the years of marches, appeals, court cases, red tape and all that bollocks might finally be behind us.

It could be true this time though................ couldn't it ?

Put it this way, the odds are stacked heavily in our favour

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
On BBC SCR the South Downs Society have just said they hope to decide whether to challenge in the next week.

What a TEASE

They won't appeal any more than FPC

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time for the Nimbys to sell up and f*** off before the savages arrive I reckon

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I'm not at all worried about Falmer PC or the South Downs Society. Without the backing of a Planning Authority, a legal challenge stands no chance of succeeding.

Judge:- "Well, Mr Hopkins, what is the attitude of the planning authorities to this appeal?"

Charlie Hopkins:- "None of them support it".

Judge:- "Goodbye Mr Hopkins. Pay the government's costs on your way out".

Sounds pretty conclusive then!!!:yahoo:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is excellent news! I wait until the deadline has passed, but the Champers is off the shelf and dusted down and ready to be drunk.

Me too. The cork is about to bust out !!!! Steady now!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And the South Downs Society have how much cash?

Maybe they'll organise a raffle.

I think they collect their monthly subs this week given it's the 1st of the month tomorrow. But whether they can get a lawyer for £7.36 is another matter..... :lolol::lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
One by one they are crumbling. The promised land is in sight.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
According to the Falmer Farmer says Falmer PC will not meet until after the weekend because councillors are on holiday. He thinks that Falmer have more of a case than last time.

yep, heard that this morning too.
the chairperson will be back during this coming weekend so they'll meet up soon after.

i find it quite eye opening to find a common farmer having the legal nonse to have obviously read the letter from hazel blears to establish there is a better case this time than last time ???
these farmers have far too much time on their hands if they've got time to study law :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here