Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's have some respect for McGhee

Pavilionaire said:
Some of the recent anti-McGhee comments on this board are well out of order.

Whether or not you think he should remain as manager remember this:

1. He gave us the best day out since 1991 and got us promoted.
2. He kept us up against the odds last seasons.
3. He has not walked away from this club, like the 4 big names before him.
4. He's brought in money to the club from player trading.

The club is no worse off now than when he took over. We're closer to Falmer than we were then and we've got great kids coming through. Few managers could have kept things afloat during these 3 troubled seasons like he has.

Whatever happens to him in the future he'll have my respect.

I wish to be associated with the remarks of the first speaker :clap:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Add this to his list ....

crystalpalacebrighton013.jpg

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Magoo has been a legend, but now we're seeing the real Magoo. Falling out with players, tactics are plain awful, his subsitutions are absolutely dreadful at times, (when has El-Abd ever been a right-winger?). Wasteing money on a Argie who he only seen on a video!

I don't want Magoo in charge when we go down to League One.

*awaits the flaming*

brightonfan_86 said:
Magoo has been a legend, but now we're seeing the real Magoo. Falling out with players, tactics are plain awful, his subsitutions are absolutely dreadful at times, (when has El-Abd ever been a right-winger?). Wasteing money on a Argie who he only seen on a video!

I don't want Magoo in charge when we go down to League One.

*awaits the flaming*

A series of dubious cliches will rarely inspire anger Kev, just indifference.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ok fair point here are 4 why I do not:

1) Training is a joke. Once a week. Seb said that he wishes Brighton had a professional football team. This is evident at our lack of set piece creativity, fitness of players, our GLUT of forwards ability to miss a cows arse with a banjo etc etc

2) Falling out with players. List is growing and if its true with regards to a model professional like Reid then something isn't right.

3) Constant playing of players out of position. Byrne on saturday " I have known El Abd since he was a lad and he aint no right midfielder" being the latest.

4) Tactics. Ok we are short of a striker, and a left back. So change the tactics to accomodate this. Two fairly 'lightweight' midfielders on the wing aint gonna work.

In fact I hate McGhee more than I ever hated Lloyd or Hinsh or even Wood.

Excellent summary, and totally agree with the last statement and all.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:
A series of dubious cliches will rarely inspire anger Kev, just indifference.

So tell me LI.
magoo falling out with players, is this a good thing?

wasting money on a Argie, good thing?

playing players out of position, good thing?

His subsitutions have been atrocious (spl?) sometimes, a good thing?

I'm looking forward to your response?

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Magoo has been a legend, but now we're seeing the real Magoo.

what?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Repugnant Toad said:
Excellent summary, and totally agree with the last statement and all.

How can you agree when the first 2 points of that summary are total and utter GASH, as your mate would say!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
The point I was alluding to was that having 'mixed' fortunes appears to be reason enough for you to want to offload him, whereas with others, that would be perfectly good enough to keep him, and that only mitigating circumstances beyond his control should keep him here.

Therefore, I was incinuating that you were putting a negative spin on his record.

Rubbish, you're twisting my words. I haven't said he's had mixed fortunes therefore he should go, I've said he deserves respect for what he's achieved but in my opinion I think we need a change. I might be completely wrong about that, time will tell. I think he's lost his way, I'd love him to turn it around but I can't see it.

I'm sure Mark McGhee himself would admit he's made errors this season and because he's in the results business he'd expect the chairman to be extremely concerned about the team's performance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
Rubbish, you're twisting my words. I haven't said he's had mixed fortunes therefore he should go, I've said he deserves respect for what he's achieved but in my opinion I think we need a change. I might be completely wrong about that, time will tell. I think he's lost his way, I'd love him to turn it around but I can't see it.

I'm sure Mark McGhee himself would admit he's made errors this season and because he's in the results business he'd expect the chairman to be extremely concerned about the team's performance.

Id go along with that

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still, let's look on the bright side - there is one team in the country who have won fewer games than us this season.

Then again, the Mackems are the worst team in history.

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here