Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's have some respect for McGhee

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
McGhee has his good points but also has bad points. It depends which you look at most and I'm afraid his tactics and substitutions in addition to his man management have been a consistent issue in my eyes whereas great days such as the Play-off final where a single day and we only just got there thanks to Virgo after a truely awful performance.
By the Voroshilov, just because i don't agree with you it doesn't mean my comments are born from stupidity

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that his use of substitutions have been questionable, his transfer dealings mixed and his relationships with some of the squad have been troubled, to say the least.

On balance I actually favour a change of manager because I think we'll have a better chance of promotion if we can get the right man.

However, I think it's pointless sacking him until the Falmer Appeal has been decided, because we'll get much better candidates with an unequivocal YES.

Whatever happens, in 10 years time we'll look back at these past 3 seasons and think "how the f*** did we ever manage to compete at that level with no resources."

All those who say they hate McGhee should feel ashamed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seagullible said:
McGhee has his good points but also has bad points. It depends which you look at most and I'm afraid his tactics and substitutions in addition to his man management have been a consistent issue in my eyes whereas great days such as the Play-off final where a single day and we only just got there thanks to Virgo after a truely awful performance.
By the Voroshilov, just because i don't agree with you it doesn't mean my comments are born from stupidity
Blimey, you have got a guilty conscience.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Billy the Fish said:
Where has this come from?

Recent kit sponsor dinner where he was there. MM didnt show and DK was rather quiet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Some of the recent anti-McGhee comments on this board are well out of order.

Whether or not you think he should remain as manager remember this:

1. He gave us the best day out since 1991 and got us promoted.
2. He kept us up against the odds last seasons.
3. He has not walked away from this club, like the 4 big names before him.
4. He's brought in money to the club from player trading.

The club is no worse off now than when he took over. We're closer to Falmer than we were then and we've got great kids coming through. Few managers could have kept things afloat during these 3 troubled seasons like he has.

Whatever happens to him in the future he'll have my respect.

Agree with all of that...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark McGhee is ok

:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pavilionaire said:
I agree that his use of substitutions have been questionable, his transfer dealings mixed and his relationships with some of the squad have been troubled, to say the least.

On balance I actually favour a change of manager because I think we'll have a better chance of promotion if we can get the right man.

All those who say they hate McGhee should feel ashamed.
Why do you only focus on the negative? For every 'minus' transfer deal or player-relationship issue against his name, there are several more in the plus column. Also, his record in promoting the Albion from the division below is 100%, so I'm quite satisfied with that.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

The club is no worse off now than when he took over. We're closer to Falmer than we were then and we've got great kids coming through. Few managers could have kept things afloat during these 3 troubled seasons like he has.

My sentiments totally. Well done!
:clap2: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Recent kit sponsor dinner where he was there. MM didnt show and DK was rather quiet.
Rubbish. I had a conversation with MM and DK that evening. MM addressed the audience, remember? And I sat next to Sebastien Carole talking to him all evening, the poor wee sod. And I got plenty of nuggets of information and gossip out of him, plenty of which jar with your post.

Sorry.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Pavilionaire said:

What a great post :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Boss said:
Cue the attention seeking pseudo city boy friend of celebrities and sweeps ginger wannabe gangsta for an intelligent response:nono: :nono:

As they say, Good Point Well Made :lolol: :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

bollocks mate

complete and utter bollocks.

i'd like to see MM go, but you REALLY think we have one training session a week?

good post btw.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire

Sorry but you are wrong there, MM got up and did a speach in front of everyone!!! DK sat next to Tank and co most of the evening and certainly wasnt quiet!

As for training once a week, are you being serious??!! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here