Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's have some respect for McGhee

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You think? :)

Anyways, what did you think of GNW's comments in the Argus? I'm not quite sure how much you buy into this view that team spirit is bad under McGhee?

Current players are not generally going to go to the press and say the team spirit sucks and the manager is a clown, our players have not slagged the management off in the press at all this season (Knight made some comment when he put his transfer request in that he could not work for McGhee, but even he left it at that), it has been the manager that has used the press to criticise players, at times.

A new player is not going to start saying everything is rubbish.

If the sponsors do is anything to go by the spirit is still good, but I would guess different from a few years ago, less of Mickey's boys and more youngsters.

Uncle Buck said:
If the sponsors do is anything to go by the spirit is still good

You see, I think the management deserve a fair deal of credit for that, given our current very difficult circumstances :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
No need to be so bitter Pavilionaire. What did you think of GNW's comments in the Argus today? Surely more evidence that team spirit is pretty good at the Albion?

I've disregarded his comments, they are empty, meaningless words, and I'd expect more realism from him.

Dario Gradi, a manager who's been in his fair share of relegation battles, has conceded Crewe will be relegated, whereas McGhee (1 point above Crewe) insults our intelligence by saying we've got a chance of survival IF we do this, IF they do that etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here