Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets face it....has there ever been a worse bit of business

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Really? Seriously.....Really??

Yes, yep and uh-huh.

We have a much better stadium, much higher attendances, a fantastic young squad, a manager that brings stability and a chairman who is not only a fan but MINTED and willing to spend it on the right players.

Compare that with Palace: One asset worth selling, a stadium on the brink of collapse, the chairman hasn't got a pot to piss in or if he does he clearly isn't interested in spending it, letting a successful young manager go because they need the compo to desperate starve off another bout of administration, and they literally cannot GIVE tickets away.

I know which camp I'd want to be in.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Yes, yep and uh-huh.

We have a much better stadium, much higher attendances, a fantastic young squad, a manager that brings stability and a chairman who is not only a fan but MINTED and willing to spend it on the right players.

Compare that with Palace: One asset worth selling, a stadium on the brink of collapse, the chairman hasn't got a pot to piss in or if he does he clearly isn't interested in spending it, letting a successful young manager go because they need the compo to desperate starve off another bout of administration, and they literally cannot GIVE tickets away.

I know which camp I'd want to be in.

The one that's top of the league?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

It's that kind of short-termism that got you into the financial state you've enjoyed (to the detriment of your creditors) for the last few years.

This is the long game, and I'm confident Brighton will finish above you come the end of the season. Five, ten years into the future we'll be well away.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

is it ironical that you were prepared to offer muzz a better deal than we were whilst being unable to settle your outstanding debts....?? is it ironical or is it something else.???...anyone...???:moo:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Today is the 23rd November 2012, which means Murray left a year and a half ago, so get over it FFS!

It's very easy for armchair managers to say now that we should've kept him because they have the benefit of hindsight. However, at the time, it was the right thing to do, as we offered him an amount of money that we believed he was worth but he said no.

I would rather have a player like CMS playing for us, who wants to play for us for more reasons than just money, than Murray, who even at the open top bus parade did not look like he wanted to be there.

i'll get over it when i'm good and ready cheers....:bigwave:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'll enjoy your comments coming back to haunt you when fiscally responsible Tony Bloom loses the Amex in a game of Heads Up

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We had an incompetent business man but our club and conveniently forgot to buy the ground. We suffered financially because of it and he ruined himself completely in the process. Being a single owner he had no choice but to declare himself bankrupt and put us into admin. You had greedy pricks sell off the goldstone to develop it into flats and pocket the cash before moving you into a shitpit. This was due to their financial mismanagement of your club. Administration wasn't around then so instead you came up with an informal agreement to pay back about 20% of your debts. If you're going to be so up your own arse might be an idea to know the facts first.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We had an incompetent business man but our club and conveniently forgot to buy the ground. We suffered financially because of it and he ruined himself completely in the process. Being a single owner he had no choice but to declare himself bankrupt and put us into admin. You had greedy pricks sell off the goldstone to develop it into flats and pocket the cash before moving you into a shitpit. This was due to their financial mismanagement of your club. Administration wasn't around then so instead you came up with an informal agreement to pay back about 20% of your debts. If you're going to be so up your own arse might be an idea to know the facts first.

Sense of humour bypass.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Murray to palace a real kick in the teeth I heard that Murray wanted 10k a week & we only offered 8k.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
na I just like the chance to constantly educate your plastics and jonny come latelys ;)

Bull with a capital S... our (supposed owners of the time) had over £300m of personal wealth. so technically we were never bankrupt,and with "ease" £5m debts could have been paid off...

Nope this was more a money making venture by them from day 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here