Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets face it....has there ever been a worse bit of business

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Our biggest rivals were willing to pay more to get our centre forward and top scorer than we were willing to pay to keep him. If he was shite and still struggling then no problem... BUT the thing is Murray was never shite and only played one season (fully-fit) in a decent Gus team and lead the line brilliantly, scored plenty of goals and helped us to the L1 title. Who gives a toss that he didn't play with a smile on his face or kiss the badge all day long, Murray thought he was worth more than was on the table after a championship-winning season and right now he's being proved right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Selling the club for £56.25 might run it close as Albion's worst ever bit of business.

I hope Stanley enjoyed watching Chelsea last night btw, I wonder if he lobbed a brick through a shop window.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Selling the club for £56.25 might run it close as Albion's worst ever bit of business.

I hope Stanley enjoyed watching Chelsea last night btw.

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

But not from Archers point of view.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we'd re-signed Murray then we may not have been able to afford CMS and Buckley, both of whom are star performers for us and probably worth 3 times what we paid for them already

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I was discussing this at work yesterday and the consensus is it basically comes down to bad timing.

1. We had just one promotion to the Championship
2. Murray's contract ran out
3. He wanted more then we were prepared to offer for a player who had never played outside of the bottom 2 leagues

I think if there had been another year on his contract then he would have proven himself at Championship level to satisfy that little tickbox. I suspect he would have been loath to want to play at the shithole in Croyden after playing a year at the Amex.

The reality is that everyone bitching about Murray going - bad business - yadda yadda, is only doing so with the massive benefit of hindsight. It would have been far more palatable for everyone if Murray's career had just gone done the shitter when he left. I also think if CMS scored 25+ last season and started this season similarly then the bitching would also be less.

We are getting quite good a letting strikers leave because they never quite performed or looked disinterested, Davis, Wood (yeah loan), Murray. Still in amongst this lot is Dickenson, Holroyd who were utter gash.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If we'd re-signed Murray then we may not have been able to afford CMS and Buckley, both of whom are star performers for us and probably worth 3 times what we paid for them already

Buckley possibly,but CMS,YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Buckley possibly,but CMS,YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH!!!

CMS £2.5million + Buckley £1 million = £3.5 million. In today's market I believe CMS and Buckley are worth £10 million + between them, so in my book that's trebling your money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here