Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets face it....has there ever been a worse bit of business

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We had a contract offer down, and Palace offered more than we were willing to compete with. All boiled down to signing on fee I believe.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
what about that bloke who lost 1.4 billion at UBS and is now spending 7 years in the clink - thats bad business shirley?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
please delete this thread-at once

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm just shocked no one has started a thread about this before.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Murray is only playing the way he is now because he has had to raise his game to stay at Palace,not so sure he'd have done it here in the comfort zone,he was a free agent-that is all i am going to say on this long drawn out saga

storer

Nov 28, 2010
He wouldnt of performed like this at us, he chooses when he wants to perform and get in the headlines, as we learnt. How many years was he at us, and how many of them do you remember him for? the one where he needed a contract maybe?

Hes at a new club and impressing a new manager, You watch him just sit happy on his wages in a years time and slowly fall out with every1 at there club...

his record was decent last year tho : -------------- )

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Think Torres for £50 million is bad business. How on earth can Murray be bad business he wanted to go!!! Pleb!

What about £35m, or whatever it was, for Andy Carroll? Birmingham must be gutted about that Birmingham-born player (name escapes me) who they let go to Hull - scored twice (?) against them at the weekend and has been slotting them in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wouldnt of performed like this at us, he chooses when he wants to perform and get in the headlines, as we learnt. How many years was he at us, and how many of them do you remember him for? the one where he needed a contract maybe?

Hes at a new club and impressing a new manager, You watch him just sit happy on his wages in a years time and slowly fall out with every1 at there club...

his record was decent last year tho : -------------- )

He was very good in all 3 years for us. He had a ratio of a goal every two games in ALL 3 years for us. People choose to forget all this because he "didn't look happy" and utter bollocks like that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
than giving murray to palace..........one of the biggest cock up's of all time surely.:wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong:

Errrr, Dean Saunders to Oxford for 60K was way worse than letting Murray run down his contract.

Anyway, when Murray runs down his current contract at Palace in 18 months he can come back, if he wants to as much as some allege on here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
THIS, with bells, whistles, sirens, claxons and knobs on.
I know this forum is likened to a pub and all sorts of discussions come and go and some repeated. But even in a pub when the same topic of conversation is repeated ad nausiam your going to told to shut up.
SO SHUT UP.................please

:rock::guitar::guitar:punk::falmer::facepalm::flameboun:ban::yawn::bounce::blush::thumbsup::(:cool::laugh::amex::moo:???:albion2::ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about £35m, or whatever it was, for Andy Carroll? Birmingham must be gutted about that Birmingham-born player (name escapes me) who they let go to Hull - scored twice (?) against them at the weekend and has been slotting them in.

Sony Aluko. Didn't go straight to Hull when released by Birmingham though - he played for a couple of clubs in the SPL - latterly Rangers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I understand that a signing on fee of less than £100K would have secured Murray's services. The fact that we weren't prepared (apparently) to pay such a small sum for a proven striker beggars belief. But to be fair to Gus he probably now regrets having played hard ball in this case; and nobody gets everything right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barcelona paying £30m for Fabregas, having let him leave for nothing a few years earlier, is a fairly poor bit of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here