Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all hope that pompey survive !!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
ENGLISH and yours is? Am I supposed to take the crap posts of so many numb skulls and pricks as fact? I'd rather go for the facts.

So I am a prick and numb skull for having the AUDACITY to have a different viewpoint to you? Just makes me want to see Pompey go out of business even more if their fans and closet fans have that attitude.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they are liquidated now then they cannot even start until 2013/14 season! What's the chance of Fratton Park being available if empty for a year?

If Pompey reform as a phoenix club (AFC Portsmouth) the overheads of playing at Fratton Park would be too exorbitant. They would need to return to a grass roots level, quite literally and progress from there on a secure financial footing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It would be a travesty if Pompey were liquidated on 10th August. Due to mismanagement and the incompetence of the FA (sound familiar) the Pompey fans could find themselves without a club through no fault of their own. Let us not forget that the fans are not guilty of anything except supporting their team, Yes the various owners (reluctant, non existent and otherwise) made some shocking scandalous and downright ridiculous decisions, but the fans only decision was to support their team as we support ours. So for the good of football I truly hope that the PST (Portsmouth Supporters Trust) shares bid is approved by the administrator Trevor Birch (who happens to be on more than the reported £36k per week of Tal Ben Haim, one of the high earners he must offload for PFC to survive) Ironic that eh?
I'm a :bhasign: through and through but feel for our fellow fans just 50 miles down the road

Travesty my arse. They as a business deserve to be shut down, plain and simple. To the supporters' of said business can start a new one to follow. All that is wrong with football in this country is encapsulated within that club. So for the good of football I suggest that you take your opinion and shove it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So I am a prick and numb skull for having the AUDACITY to have a different viewpoint to you? Just makes me want to see Pompey go out of business even more if their fans and closet fans have that attitude.

:thumbsup:

In fairness - and despite their self proclaimed title of "best fans in the world" I have warmed to a few of the more serious minded among them. If the Supporters Trust are allowed a look in - something that I think is unlikely given the extent to which Trevor Birch has, quite shamelessly, promoted Balram Chanrai's bid to get his (claimed) money back out of the club - I will be making a cash contribution no matter whether they are in League 1 or reforming lower down the pyramid.

I do however get seriously pissed at people who jump on the "let's blame the FA" bandwagon and slag the players for accepting contracts that they (just as much as the fans) had no way of knowing were unsustainable. PFC have suffered a series of owners and managers who have abused their obligations and the trust of the club's supporters. If the "proper persons" test fails it is because short of relevant criminal conviction being revealed there is nothing any statutory body in any walk of life can do to prevent anyone from taking control. PFC are not the only club with unsavoury ownership but what is clear is that Chanrai will, having bled another multi-million pound sum from the club, once again leave them high and dry. That much seems to be the most open "secret" in football. As a fan it pains me to see any club die but something has to happen to prevent wanton mismanagement of football's finances. Fans vehemently supporting its continuation at Portsmouth only underlines the impossible position of the FA. Perhaps the situation in Scotland where the CLUBS united to make their disapproval of Rangers' dishonest management clear is the way forward. The time has to come when the chairmen of league clubs vote to dismiss a club for financial irregularity? Not Portsmouth this season but in a year's time if they do survive for now because almost inevitably they will be back at the administrative trough. PFC is a club that never learns. It came out of admin but immediately broke a self-imposed wage cap to bring in Kitson and Lawrence and now, while they are haranguing players out of their contracts, they are at the same time negotiating deals with a number of "triallists" and others that will make them the highest paid players in League 1...........................?

Last edited:

Best thing for them now is just to start again.

This is a club that signed players on 20k a week AFTER they'd already been into recession once, this is a club NOW offering 5k/week contracts to average players in league 1 so CLEARLY no lessons have been learnt and they deserve and need to go out of business at this point for the integrity of football and the long term health of the club.

If the supporters had created a very public stink and asked questions when the grossly overpaid players were brought in, maybe they'd deserve some sympathy - but they didn't - and I don't. Quite simply, the rest of football does not owe Portsmouth an existence!

Their FA Cup win bordered on the fraudulent - they never had the means to pay for the players involved. Let them start again at the bottom of the footballing pyramid like Wimbledon and Aldershot.

The facts are that Pompey have gone into administration, not once, but TWICE inside 2 years.
The only thing that creditors care about is their money. Who owes them the money? The CLUB, not the fans.

Yes, it's hard on the fans, but he club must face up to what has happened.
If that puts them out of business, tough.

Basically all of this!

D

Deleted member 18477

I hope they rot. They were loving the over spending in 2008. They deserve this!

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Before Mr Sanctimonious and his friend Self Righteous get up too big a head of steam perhaps this view from one of PFC's most loyal servants and supporters for over 20 years is worth some consideration:

Pompey legend: It’s time to start again - Pompey Past - Portsmouth News

"Facts" as they say, are a moveable feast

From the comments section:

"As much as I'd support any new Pompey that was formed it wouldn't be the sane (sic) with or without fratton park."

Another deluded fan said

"who wants pompey to be another havant hawks for ten years or so .perhaps playing them or bognor or gosport with due respect to those clubs . thats not what pompey fans would want . you alan are a legend of the past as a footballer just about ok . but your views now are contrary to what i know most fans say .portsmouth without pompey nah even div2 is better than being nothing we were there before remember"

Sorry brainiacs but it's time to face reality: the likelihood is that you will be lucky to keep Fratton zoo and if you do start AFC Portsmouth, you'll end up sharing with someone like Havant Hawks until such time as you rise through the leagues (given the amount of local support) and can find a new ground. It has happened before....

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
NSC's like that, you could start a thread saying Fred West is a bit of a wrong un and you'd find someone who disagreed. Some people are desperate for you to hear their opinion, and invent one if they think it'll get them noticed!
Rose West was the more corrupt one of the two. Fred was a little backwards and was swept up in it all for his love of Rose (and patio laying).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At last somebody with a brain and has the capacity to empathise! It's good to see a post from somebody that has actually thought about their reply before posting, makes a change from the brainless brigade on NSC

Just because some people don't agree with your point of view doesn't mean they haven't thought about what they post.

Edit - having seen your later post I suspect you're incapable of reasoned debate. And as for your oh so hilarious user name, well, such wit !

Last edited:

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Before Mr Sanctimonious and his friend Self Righteous get up too big a head of steam perhaps this view from one of PFC's most loyal servants and supporters for over 20 years is worth some consideration:

Pompey legend: It’s time to start again - Pompey Past - Portsmouth News

"Facts" as they say, are a moveable feast

AH MR SEVERNSIDE YOU QUOTE FACTS,
We can all find opinions of former players and quote them as such concrete facts but they still actually remain one persons opinion
perhaps you would like to read FACTS from a respected PFC supporter that actually has FACTS AT HIS DISPOSAL
If so follow the link
Pompey Fans Rattle Some Cages | Twohundredpercent

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
AH MR SEVERNSIDE YOU QUOTE FACTS,
We can all find opinions of former players and quote them as such concrete facts but they still actually remain one persons opinion
perhaps you would like to read FACTS from a respected PFC supporter that actually has FACTS AT HIS DISPOSAL
If so follow the link
Pompey Fans Rattle Some Cages | Twohundredpercent

Much of which appears to underpin my argument.

What a strange creature you are but then you are a Pompey supporter and clearly not one of those I referred to earlier as one who commanded any respect for the way they conduct themselves

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I hope they fold, and their fans eat shit. Too many of us remember the hard time they gave us gloating at us when we were at Withdean and they were on the way to the Premiership on other peoples money.

What goes around comes around as they say. Palarse next please!

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
If Pompey reform as a phoenix club (AFC Portsmouth) the overheads of playing at Fratton Park would be too exorbitant. They would need to return to a grass roots level, quite literally and progress from there on a secure financial footing.

It has been agreed by the administrator that all overheads and costs of running PFC would be covered if the high earners were to leave or cap wages at £5k. This I assume is with them getting the same attendances as last season

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm a :bhasign: through and through but feel for our fellow fans just 50 miles down the road

It sounds as though you're arrived on one of the first boats from Portsmouth and jumped ship to BHA after reading your posts on this thread.

As Portsmouth FC goes, they are a business, not a historical landmark or protected building. It's a business which only survives if it makes a profit.
The board members have shown themselves more than incompetent at running a business and have spent more money than they are making. It's extremely simple. The only option for them now is to start again next year at the bottom of the pile.
That's how business work.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure what the fans were meant to do? We're not protesting and we've just spent over £100m in the last 2 or 3 years. None of us know if we can afford it.

Wrong example though. I don't mind necessarily that the fans weren't inquiring prior to their first administration. But their debts from the first administration were well documented. When they are signing players like Ben Heim and Benjani in the Championship, in what was quite frankly a boom or bust attempt to get into the Premiership, the fans should have protested.

It is all hypothetical.. But I like to think that our fans would be concerned about that level of spending directly after a spell of administration.

I was pissed off at the time when they unveiled Benjani ahead of the game with us. I'm still fuming about it. Good riddance, quite frankly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
AND WHAT OF THE BUS LOAD OF "KNUCKLE DRAGGERS" THAT CAME AND SUPPORTED US ON FANS UNITED DAY ???

Is it your Memory or Loyalty to fellow fans that needs a bit of a boost?

I seriously don't believe you were at Fans United - your command of both English and reasoned debate suggests you're not old enough.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here