May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon Murray will "Henman it" in the final

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon Murray will "Henman it" in the final

What did Henman do in a final? Oh yeah, he never got there, cos he's half the player Murray is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He behaved like a gent in a respectable sport that has seen abuse from Ilie Nastase, several Americans, and got a HILL named after him!

Will there ever be a Murray Hill?? Only the one he'll make by being buried under it. :thumbsup:

No, but there will be a Murray Mound as it is commonly known or at least that is what it was referred to when I was there in the summer.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
A good Scottish tennis player so let the Scotts have him. British...........Ask him, he's not bothered but he is earning plenty of money so he will humour the Brits.

Stumpy Tim

Scottish or British, I don't care. He represents both IMO, which makes him on of us. I don't get the anti-Murray stuff personally. Yes, he can a whinger & act with petulance - but Goran Ivanisevic used to behave in the same way & it was seen as lovable. Maybe the Brits don't expect their players to behave like that, but Murray doesn't (and shouldn't) care what other people think.

Henman was a good player, but he didn't win anything. Maybe he was just too nice. I would rather have a winner who was a bit of a twat at times

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"I'll be supporting anyone but England."

He can go f*** himself.

FFS...for about the millionth time on here, Murray was JOKING when he said that. Oy vey.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I do hope he signs a new contract soon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure what you're all getting worked up about anyway...he's done the hard work as usual, built up the expectation amongst the sector of middle England who are the only ones who really pay any attention to tennis outside Wimbledon week, and will probably lose to the person they least expect him to, ie Ferrer.

Either that, or get beaten by Federer in the final. Again. No disgrace of course, but very much par for the course.

I don't know why it's not got into people's heads - but except for the Davis Cup, Andy Murray represents ANDY MURRAY!
He doesn't represent or play on behalf of anyone or any place.

It's a big money sport, and he's pocketing it and playing for the benefit of nobody else.
Granted he'll pay tax where he lives, but he'll probably be living in Monte Carlo very soon.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
and your football idols also play for themselves. it's a big money sport, and they're pocketing it and playing for the benefit of nobody else.

and he won't live in monte carlo very soon given he's still a young player and will mostly live out of a suitcase until the end of his career

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't know why it's not got into people's heads - but except for the Davis Cup, Andy Murray represents ANDY MURRAY!
He doesn't represent or play on behalf of anyone or any place.

It's a big money sport, and he's pocketing it and playing for the benefit of nobody else.
Granted he'll pay tax where he lives, but he'll probably be living in Monte Carlo very soon.

That's no different to all other tennis players, golfers, F1 drivers, in fact any individual sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here