Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let Us All Now Offer Up Praise To Andy Murray

It's win win. I'd quite like Murray to win, but all those banging on about him being in a different class to Henman really aren't being proved right all the time the scotch goon is bottling it in the semis. Erm, *exactly* like Henman used to. :lolol:

No. Wrong. Murray's played in 4 grand slam semis before today, won 2, lost 2. Not exactly bottling it (Henman played 6 SF, lost 6)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's win win. I'd quite like Murray to win, but all those banging on about him being in a different class to Henman really aren't being proved right all the time the scotch goon is bottling it in the semis. Erm, *exactly* like Henman used to. :lolol:

About to win his third semi out of five?

what a bottle job.....:lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He may well win the Aussie Open this year but that will only be because Nadal was beaten by an injury.

I am still thinking your last point is ridiculous. There is no guarantee that Nadal would win the tournament if he were fit and the would be no guarantee that Murray would lose to Nadal. If Nadal was badly injured, he would have retired as he has done previously. If Murray does go on to reach the final and win the tournament, it was not by default.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I am still thinking your last point is ridiculous. There is no guarantee that Nadal would win the tournament if he were fit and the would be no guarantee that Murray would lose to Nadal. If Nadal was badly injured, he would have retired as he has done previously. If Murray does go on to reach the final and win the tournament, it was not by default.

Plus, they'll be no asterisk in the record books saying "*Nadal didn't make the final", Murray would have s slam, and no have psychological issues next time.

Agreed. You don't win Grand Slams just by beating or being the world number one. You have to win seven games, against increasingly better/on form players in two weeks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But if he doesn't win with Federer and Nadal having been dumped out, when will he?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But if he doesn't win with Federer and Nadal having been dumped out, when will he?

I'm not a fortune teller sadly. He is improving. He has dumped Nadal out of majors twice and I'm pretty sure he has only met Federer once (when he lost in the final).

Record vs Federer

Murray 8
Federer 6

Record vs Nadal

Murray 4
Nadal 9

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I would say there is so little between the top guys at the moment, that he could at any time, but I would rather he won one sooner than later. If you don't think he can beat those two in a slam (I personally think he can, on his day), then Fed will be gone in a couple of years and Rafa could have quite a bit of time out each season with his knees - although you still have Djok and Soderling, and the rest to contend with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here