Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Sold!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
From what I've heard MM is pretty good at talking to the players about their situations in relation to the team. I may be wrong but it's funny how no other player has had anything approaching the problems with MM that LK has.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tendentious! :clap2: I haven't seen that word for years.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
BensGrandad said:
I dont know how the other managers came into this but if I was a player and was dropped I would expect the manager to give me a reason even if it was 'because you played like a prat in the last game'. At least I would know and could do something about it or not as I chose.
And players who have been dropped will have a quiet, rational chat with the gaffer when he explains the reasons for leaving them out!! They wouldn't argue with the boss would they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
LI why do you have to continually try to ridicule people does it give you some form of sexual gratification.

I merely passed on what I was told and what I believe to possibly be correct and allowing others to form an opinion which unfortunately nobody can say whether or not is correct. Is that not the basis of a discussion. Or does the basis of a discussion start with LI says...... if you agree slap him on the back if not shut up.

BensGrandad said:
LI why do you have to continually try to ridicule people does it give you some form of sexual gratification.

I merely passed on what I was told and what I believe to possibly be correct and allowing others to form an opinion which unfortunately nobody can say whether or not is correct. Is that not the basis of a discussion. Or does the basis of a discussion start with LI says...... if you agree slap him on the back if not shut up.

Don't be so bloody WET - I've once again wasted a few minutes of my life trying to put some serious points to you. Have the guts to respond to them, eh?

EXAMPLES of McGhee's man-management problems with players? Come on, he's been here 3 seasons now, there must be a few you can quote if this is a REAL issue?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously IF what I was told is correct then there are other players other than Nicholas, who has been mentioned in an earlier post, who would lke to be told why they are not playing.

To answer Monas point I think that they are all adults who would appreciate a reason given to them rather than just be ignored.

IMHO yet once again a silly moment has been blown out of all proportions and there can only be one winner MM but I still believe that he and his coaching staff have got to look at themselves and ask the question are we using LK right and playing to his strengths. If not the answer has got to be get rid of him and bring somebody in who can do the job we want done and in the manner that we want it done.

If the finances of the club do not permit that then they have got to meet half way and cannot expect LK to completely change his play to some form that is alien to him.

BensGrandad said:
Obviously IF what I was told is correct then there are other players other than Nicholas, who has been mentioned in an earlier post.

Yeah, Nicolas was the one I MENTIONED :lolol:

No others then?

Oh well, case proved, McGhee clearly a bad man manager then :thud:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He's a little shit. MM should put him over his knee and give him a good spanking at half time in front of a full house.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The person I quoted was not Nicholas so it would appear others have this same view. Do not ask me to name him as it would be an embarrasement to the player which I wouldn't do. However
I did say that this coupled with the LK saga has given me reason to doubt MMs man management strategy and you are perfectly entitled to have an opinion to the contrary, it doesnt make either of us right it is only the basis for a discussion between person who have one cause to Support and Promote BHA. I would think that this is far better than discussing on a football forum the worst 10 films last year. Who gives a f... what they were and what people thought of them this is a football forum for Seagulls fans to discuss issues of which our manager and his approach to players is such an issue.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
The person I quoted was not Nicholas so it would appear others have this same view. Do not ask me to name him as it would be an embarrasement to the player which I wouldn't do. However
I did say that this coupled with the LK saga has given me reason to doubt MMs man management strategy and you are perfectly entitled to have an opinion to the contrary, it doesnt make either of us right it is only the basis for a discussion between person who have one cause to Support and Promote BHA. I would think that this is far better than discussing on a football forum the worst 10 films last year. Who gives a f... what they were and what people thought of them this is a football forum for Seagulls fans to discuss issues of which our manager and his approach to players is such an issue.

Seems a bit harsh BG. Why shouldn't people be able to discuss films and the like?

BensGrandad said:
The person I quoted was not Nicholas so it would appear others have this same view. Do not ask me to name him as it would be an embarrasement to the player which I wouldn't do. .

But Nicolas is an example of McGhee keeping a player INFORMED of the reasons he's been left out but still, naturally, being unhappy. McGhee has referred to his many difficult conversations he's had with Nicolas in SCR previews, he feels for the lad because his attitude has been good despite his selection disappointments.

I've already said that I'm not expecting you to compromise your source and hence this player, but the player must have referred to other examples of unhappy players to make his case.

Who are these players? You can't come to a preliminary conclusion that McGhee has problems in man-management, which you seem to have done, without some more evidence.

But there are countless examples of players coping with selection disappointments, beavering away to get back in and getting their reward. Go through the entire team now, Hammond, Oatway, El Abd, Reid, CKR. Even Carole has been dropped this season! And now Harty has worked his way back into the team!

McGhee has no favourites, he rewards those players who show good attitude in training and show they can do the right job for the team :clap:

Leon just has to look around the changeing room at the other players if he wants inspiration to turn his career around.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that sites like these are set up primarily to discuss football issues in general but most importantly issues concerning MY CLUB Brighton & Hove Albion and that is the reason that I register and read the posts.

Other non football related posts I very rarely read unless they have a particular interest in a subject but I must say I do not watch films. I think my last visit to the cinema was Th Sound of Music, no it was Grease which was a little later.

Some of the threads on here really show the child mentality of their posters and I try to avoid those. What a snob I am!!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
But Nicolas is an example of McGhee keeping a player INFORMED of the reasons he's been left out but still, naturally, being unhappy. McGhee has referred to his many difficult conversations he's had with Nicolas in SCR previews, he feels for the lad because his attitude has been good despite his selection disappointments.

I've already said that I'm not expecting you to compromise your source and hence this player, but the player must have referred to other examples of unhappy players to make his case.

Who are these players? You can't come to a preliminary conclusion that McGhee has problems in man-management, which you seem to have done, without some more evidence.

But there are countless examples of players coping with selection disappointments, beavering away to get back in and getting their reward. Go through the entire team now, Hammond, Oatway, El Abd, Reid, CKR. Even Carole has been dropped this season! And now Harty has worked his way back into the team!

McGhee has no favourites, he rewards those players who show good attitude in training and show they can do the right job for the team :clap:

Leon just has to look around the changeing room at the other players if he wants inspiration to turn his career around.

I do not know if other players were mentioned as this person who was in my car only spoke of the one particular player.

The press have had a field day with the ongoing struggles between LK and MM and now LK reported in Ths Sun as wanting a transfer because' he's being made the scapegoat for our performances' suggest that all is not well within the club and to quote Steve Claridge on TV last night ' there is no pressure on the players because they expect to lose games and know that they will win one eventually'.

He was,albeit for a short time, in the dressing room do you think that a comment like that augers well for the future and survival in this division.

The players that you have mentioned have returned to the team more out of necessity than choice as we have a very small squad and with injuries and suspensions MM had no choice.

A hypothetical question I know but would Hart and El Abd have been so readily accepted back in the fold if there had been no injuries or suspensions to McShane and Dodds I doubt it.,. Would Mayo have returned had it not been for MMs tactics going completly pear shaped at Reading and Reid being totally outplayed, I doubt it the decision was forced upon him by the fact that we had no other players to choose from. Is it not conceivable that MM and his back room staff have summed up the tactics used when playing LK wrongly, I think so.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
~If the deal was "all but completed" on the 22nd of December he'd have moved by now surely?

Anyway now that there seems to be no way back for Knight this would be a GREAT deal. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here