Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Sold!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
You love us more than Spurs, admit it.

I bet you don't spend half your life on pointless arguments on the Spurs messageboard :)
Keane is better than Defoe I tell you. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jol out

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
and you dont?

its called an opinion and just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean its shit.

Fair enough... let's see what happens... to be honest, I would be ecstatic if Leon gets back in the team and scores another 15 goals this season... I would be equally overjoyed if Leon is sold, and we get someone else in who scores the 15 goals... bottom-line is, for me, the club is far more important than Leon, or any other player for that matter... for you, I don't think that is the case...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
Yep but he has only scored 5 this season.:dunce:

In how many games?...

Is he top scorer?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B.W. said:
In how many games?...

Is he top scorer?...

Does he take the penalties?... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B.W. said:
Does he take the penalties?... :)

Does he have an attitude problem?...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just returned from taking my son and a work mate to his firms Christmas p..s up and the chat got around to BHA and LK and the mate of my sons said

" XYZ (named a Brighton player) is my (close relative) and I was talking to him the other day and he said Mark McGhee has no man management skills whatsoever so much so that if a player is dropped he doesn't tell them or give them a reason whether it be tactical, loss of form, bad performance, or what he just says this is the team for this game. Any other questions or explanations have to be given by either Bob Booker or Dean White if they happen to know the answers"

With what has gone on with LK do I tend to believe this person?

BensGrandad said:
I have just returned from taking my son and a work mate to his firms Christmas p..s up and the chat got around to BHA and LK and the mate of my sons said

" XYZ (named a Brighton player) is my (close relative) and I was talking to him the other day and he said Mark McGhee has no man management skills whatsoever so much so that if a player is dropped he doesn't tell them or give them a reason whether it be tactical, loss of form, bad performance, or what he just says this is the team for this game. Any other questions or explanations have to be given by either Bob Booker or Dean White if they happen to know the answers"

With what has gone on with LK do I tend to believe this person?

What, you believing third-hand gossip and tittle-tattle, what a shock! :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
Fair enough... let's see what happens... to be honest, I would be ecstatic if Leon gets back in the team and scores another 15 goals this season... I would be equally overjoyed if Leon is sold, and we get someone else in who scores the 15 goals... bottom-line is, for me, the club is far more important than Leon, or any other player for that matter... for you, I don't think that is the case...

Again i think its let another person to agree to disagee with.:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
What, you believing third-hand gossip and tittle-tattle, what a shock! :lol:

It all fits into shape and knowing who the player is Yes I do believe there is a lot of truth in it.

Having said that I think that it would be a terrible shame if either LK ,MM or BHA were to suffer as a result of their latest tiff.

I would hope that LK being without a shadow of doubt the most gifted player at the club will come back over Christmas and score some goals for us and MM will realise that to get the best out of him you must play to his strengths or got shot of him and bring in somebody who fits the role that you want.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I just can't believe a player can treat BHA in such a shite way and people on here still lick his arse. He's an arsehole with no respect for the club or the fans as far as I'm concerned.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't see what the fuss is about Knight.

Yes he clearly has some ability in there, but barring the odd flash of genius when he puts his mind to it, when have we seen that o a regular basis? Not since the first half of the play off winning season.

I'm not one of those who sit in the south stand moaning at Knight to chase every pointless ball down- that's never going to be his game- but at times there undoubtedly seems to be a bit of an attitude problem on his part.

Some might say that flair players need that attitude- confidence, arrogance, whatever you call it.

But to my mind, if you're going to display that kind of mindset, you need to justify it on a fairly regular basis with performances, which Knight hasn't done for a long time. It's quiet depressing to watch him strutting around or sulking, knowing how much ability he has. And no doubt if we sell him and he scores goals for another team, people will be on here slagging off McGhee's man management skills, saying he should have kept him, or blaming MM for Leon's lack of goals.

But to be fair to McGhee, how long do we have to wait for Knight to start earning his wages? How many chances do we give him to start doing what he's paid for? Realistically, Knight might never again be the player for the Albion that he was in the first few weeks of the promotion season. It's not as though he's working his nuts off but missing loads of chances- he so rarely gets in the position to score these days it's like he's forgotten where he's supposed to be.

McGhee's tried the Mr Nice approach, and he's tried the old fashioned bollocking approach. Neither have really worked, so surely it's Knight's desire we should be questioning, not McGhee's management style? It feels like Leon's happy in his own little comfort zone- a relatively big fish in a small pond, getting reasonable wages (by most people's standards) without expanding too much effort. And he doesn't seem all that bothered about it.

We can't afford to wait forever. Might as well sell him, get a few quid in, and try and spend it on a striker who's better suited to our circumstances/formation. perhaps it's the team, not Leon, that's wrong. But given that we can barely afford one new player, let alone a whole new team, I think it's Knight that will have to give.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Look how much better CKR played, when he had a workhorse as his strike partner against Hull. When he plays with Knight he does as little as him.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
BensGrandad said:

So MM's man management skills are on a par with Brian Clough's, Ferguson's, Coppell's and Mick McCarthy's.
He's managing a football team not an insurance company.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mona said:
So MM's man management skills are on a par with Brian Clough's, Ferguson's, Coppell's and Mick McCarthy's.
He's managing a football team not an insurance company.

I dont know how the other managers came into this but if I was a player and was dropped I would expect the manager to give me a reason even if it was 'because you played like a prat in the last game'. At least I would know and could do something about it or not as I chose.

BensGrandad said:
I dont know how the other managers came into this but if I was a player and was dropped I would expect the manager to give me a reason even if it was 'because you played like a prat in the last game'. At least I would know and could do something about it or not as I chose.

Sorry, it's tendentious bollocks BG. We have one very disgruntled player at the moment in Alexis Nicolas, and even he concedes in interviews that McGhee has him in his office frequently to explain the reason why he is not getting starts.

But feel free to keep going with your 2 + 2 equals 5 thousand :wave:

The fact is, at any football club, there will always be players who do not get picked regularly, feel aggrieved and look to deflect the blame onto the management somehow. It's as old as football and will ever more be so.

The amount of man-management problems McGhee has had have been few and far between. He has one obviously with Nicolas, who is very unhappy. We have the running sore of Knight which is common to every manager Knight has had. He had one with Big Mac, dealt with perfectly. He had one with El Abd, dealt with perfectly.

What other examples can you give, BG? No one is expecting you to compromise your source but which man-management issue under McGhee would you point to as revealing problems?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here