Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight: slag alert on Twitter.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Leon Leroy Knight is a 29 year old ex-footballer who now sits at home on benefits in his undies eating pot noodle buttys and bullying girls on the internet. Leon looks like Tinchy Stryder with a peanut allergy and was revealed to be the mystery footballer from Brighton who had a long standing affair with Pop Idol winner Will Young who gave him the nickname the 'Knight rider' due to their late night rendezvous.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Appears from the comments on there, that his account suspended and an arrest made (obviously only going by a search on twitter) but certainly his account no longer appears.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is sad someone clearly having a major mental episode is seen as great amusement by a lot of people. It just goes to prove the understanding of mental illness and its repurcusions has not moved on from the victorian ages. Hopefully if he is investigated he will be forced to get some help for his obvious afflictions.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I don't think he's having issues; I think he's just a twat. I'm no doctor mind.

He had some talent as a player, but one penalty, albeit an important one, doesn't put him up there with the likes of OGH. Purely on playing terms he doesn't really deserve to be on the wall.

As for slag alert, how old is he now? All sounds a bit teen-age.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
You have to take most stuff on Twitter with a barrel of salt, but the word going around is, he was nicked last night.

Twitter

I thought this one was good. :lolol:

"If the rumours about Leon Knight getting arrested are true, he should be ok, after all he normally gets released pretty quickly".

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Source: [MENTION=17483]Jonno[/MENTION]t

Former Chelsea trainee and nomadic lower league striker Leon Knight has allegedly been arrested following his "Slag Alert" Twitter campaign last night. Knight, 29, found himself trending last night after promoting the hashtag #SAP that encouraged followers to send him in "sexy" pictures of their exes so that he could "name and shame" them on the social media site. #SAP trended worldwide in the build up to Knight's campaign which was halted by Twitter and his account suspended before reports surfaced on the site that Knight had been arrested under the 1988 Malicious Communications Act.

Knight's initiative was supported by Barnet's Jack Saville who was eagerly awaiting #SAP's 8pm start alongside team-mate Graham Stack and QPR's Max Ehmer. Saville tweeted, "The #sap countdown.. [MENTION=6116]Graham[/MENTION]Stack1 [MENTION=14390]Leo[/MENTION]nKnight82 .. Phones charged, popcorn is full to the brim! #READY", while Stack last night tweeted his support for Knight while offering him a contact for a good lawyer. "[MENTION=14390]Leo[/MENTION]nKnight82 I've got an extra 100 followers on the strength of #SAP just done me! Thought the pics were respectable, hats off girls! [MENTION=14390]Leo[/MENTION]nKnight82 if rumours are true I no a good brief #legalaid", tweeted Stack.

Largely, however, #SAP was condemned on Twitter with the co-founder of Southamericanfootball.co.uk Rupert Fryer previously labelling Knight, "a pretty unpleasant chap, but it he's apparently taken it to new levels this evening. I unfollowed a long time ago." Cricket writer @legsidelizzy also believes that Knight's beliefs are a worrying trend in modern society, "The scary thing about Leon Knight's views on women is that plenty of young men also share them."

Model Jessica Warner was just one target of #SAP last night and received mass levels of abuse through the site after a picture of her emerged on Twitter and Warner took her complaints to the police. Not only did Warner re-tweet the abuse, she posted an image of her at a police station as a warning to "trolls" whilst hitting back at the user who sent in a compromising picture of her to Knight. "Cant cope with this level of shit that's being thrown at me. I used twitter for fun and to make people smile. The person that did this to me can congratulate himself. He's won. hoping the fact that you have achieved this much sadness has gained you what you went out to achieve", said Warner.

Knight is known for his misogyny on Twitter and his profile picture of himself super-imposed onto a cartoon-style sexual act highlights his thoughts towards women and gives a massive indication towards the nature of his tweets. As a result the free agent has already found himself in hot water over tweets having been investigated by police for tweets sent to model Danielle Lloyd, wife of footballer Jamie O'Hara, with Lloyd later removing her account due to the "trolling" she received.

Without question, due to the amount of followers that professional footballers (employed or otherwise) have, a campaign such as this is startling as much as it is damaging. Social media has quickly become a fun environment for people all over the world to engage and interact with people and is more and more influential in sport. As a result, Twitter did well to suspend Knight's account before any more women suffered abuse like Warner who received threats from the #SAP faithful but the sheer stone age like mentality towards women shown by Knight and his followers (in particular other women) is without question the most damaging thing to come from Knight's little escapade.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is sad someone clearly having a major mental episode is seen as great amusement by a lot of people. It just goes to prove the understanding of mental illness and its repurcusions has not moved on from the victorian ages. Hopefully if he is investigated he will be forced to get some help for his obvious afflictions.
I don't think by his actions from the last x amount of years, this latest one can be called a 'episode'.

The only difference between him and the thousands of other trolls/morons on social media, is profile.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

I dont think he has a mental issue i genuinely think he is just a complete prick

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Can't really help but think that Leon's latest escapade has something to do with his forthcoming book and sales thereof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here