Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
I must write out Kinkygoebels is always right

100 times
What are you on about?

In fact dont I cant be arsed im off to bed as im off to Stoke tomorrow - but hey im still a spurs fan so my opion means shit - altho half of this bored wont be going.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's opinion not opion.
Who do you think you are, Berkshire?
:lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ Kinky, you've got enough chips on your shoulder for McDonalds.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
No as i go to games

Touche. Actually he hasn't posted for quite a while has he?
I saw him at Selhurst.

KinkyGoebels said:
What are you on about?

In fact dont I cant be arsed im off to bed as im off to Stoke tomorrow - but hey im still a spurs fan so my opion means shit - altho half of this bored wont be going.

Have a nice day - hope you come back in better mood than from Hillsborough :D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry but I don't hold with this belief that dropping Knight automatically means we are weakening the TEAM.

When he is in petulent mood - which he appears to have returned to lately - he is a bloody liability to the team. Throwing himself down, he has to leave the field because he's had 'treatment' and is therefore not on the field when we need him.

During the Ipswich game he was stood on the touchline waiting to be allowed back on when we scorched a cross in, with no-one there to tuck it home. All because the petulent little Leon had feigned another injury.

MM has to make decisions for the whole team, and I bet there are times when Leon's attitude damages the spirit in the dressing room. We are not a good enough side to be able to cope with a poor spirit, we need to be out there fighting for each other.

I'd be surprised if it was just his attitude at being subbed, I think he's probably been a sulky little kid in training since, and MM has had enough.

I a big fan of Leon, but only when his attitude is right. When it's wrong he drives me mad.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gritt23 said:
Sorry but I don't hold with this belief that dropping Knight automatically means we are weakening the TEAM.

I remember exactly the same hoo hah this time last year when Leon was dropped before the West Ham game.

Yorkie said:
I remember exactly the same hoo hah this time last year when Leon was dropped before the West Ham game.

And the year before that when he was dropped for Swindon away.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
And the year before that when he was dropped for Swindon away.

And came on and scored.

But we lost.

endpeg

Jul 6, 2003
POLEGATE
Silent Bob said:
Leon Knight isn't one of "my little favourites". I think he should be in the squad to face Stoke as he is one of if not out best player. I can't comment on his effectiveness in the Sheffield Wednesday game as I was not there, but in the Ipswich and Wolves gameshe was more effective then Kazim-Richards and certainly Robinson. Obviously I can't comment on Turienzo as he's only made two breif sub appearences.

If you watch the video highlights of the Ipswich match on seagulls world,I think you"ll find that Jake did plenty, coming on with 15 mins left!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Jake did plenty? He didn't score did he? I'd certainly agree that his movement was good, and he got himself into scoring positions, but the plain fact is that he didn't score. It was exactly the same again on Tuesday - no end product. I'd probably agree that he could come good in the long run but, as someone else said, in the long run we're all dead.

Perhaps he'll finally make the break through against Stoke, but excuse me if I don't hold my breath.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Watch the highlights of Palace, there is one player involved in EVERYTHING that typified the brilliance of that performance.....

Leon Knight

dwayne said:
Watch the highlights of Palace, there is one player involved in EVERYTHING that typified the brilliance of that performance.....

Leon Knight

Well, if you buy the new DVD and see the full game, you will see him do a lot of good things. But you will also see him missing our best chance of the game and being too weak on a few 50/50 challenges.

But your point is valid, he wouldn't ever be dropped if he did the number of good things he did in that Palace game against Ispwich and, especially, Wolves. Problem is, he is inconsistent like all our front players, that's why McGhee has to shuffle his deck and give others their chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
What are you on about?

Give Jake a cheer from me :lol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Silent Bob said:
I give up with you because you clearly have some kind of pathological dislike for Leon Knight. Why the last one and a half seasons? Why not just each players stats AT THIS LEVEL?

OK Bob, stats at this level on games started in the Championship ONLY

Leon Knight 2004/5 33 games started 4 goals
2005/6 17 games started 3 goals
A total strike rate 1 goal in 7.1 games started in the Championship

CKR 2005/6 8 games started 2 goals
A total strike rate 1 goal in 4 games started in the Championship

Jake Robinson 2004/5 1 game started 1 goal
2005/6 10 games started 1 goal
A total strike rate 1 goal 5.5 games started in the Championship

Gary Hart 2004/5 16 games started 2 goals
2005/6 9 games started 0 goals
A total strike rate of 1 goal in 12.5 games in the Championship

Mark McGammon 2004/5 24 games started 3 goals
2005/6 0 games started 0 goals
A total strike rate of 1 goal in 8 games in the Championship

These are the players you quoted and you will see that Leon is only marginally better than Mark McGammon.

I hope that is level enough for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here