Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight not in squad....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There's teaching Knight and lesson and there is being plain stupid. If Leon has been dropped for his actions on Tuesday then Ill be ASTOUNDED, McGhee would have made a right BALLS UP. You have a chat to him, as he has done in the past, and tell him to go and show why he shouldn't be subbbed. Leaving your best player at home is NEVER a good idea.

Saying that, I think he'll play.

But it wouldn't only be about Tuesday. On balance, he probably wouldn't drop him purely for that act alone. But you have met Leon, Max, and you'll agree it's not going too far to say that the lad is pretty thick, and doesn't have the nous to work out why he's being subbed.

It's a matter of conjecture as to whether Leon's form is good at present (for what it's worth, I don't believe he is playing the best he can - and he is not playing the best out of our strikers either), but what's to say Leon's petulence (and I would have though that some might be pretty sick of it by now) doesn't affect the rest of the squad? What's to say McGhee didn't have that chat with Leon the next day and Leon gave him a mouthful back? What's to say McGhee's patience has run out on him? What's to say McGhee has something personal against Leon?

Being our best player (questionable) counts for nothing if he doesn't do as what is required of him.

The main point I am making is no-one on here can claim truly claim (yes, me included) whether McGhee is being stupid or not because no-one on here has all the facts to hand.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
The Large One said:
But it wouldn't only be about Tuesday. On balance, he probably wouldn't drop him purely for that act alone. But you have met Leon, Max, and you'll agree it's not going too far to say that the lad is pretty thick, and doesn't have the nous to work out why he's being subbed.

It's a matter of conjecture as to whether Leon's form is good at present (for what it's worth, I don't believe he is playing the best he can - and he is not playing the best out of our strikers either), but what's to say Leon's petulence (and I would have though that some might be pretty sick of it by now) doesn't affect the rest of the squad? What's to say McGhee didn't have that chat with Leon the next day and Leon gave him a mouthful back? What's to say McGhee's patience has run out on him? What's to say McGhee has something personal against Leon?

Being our best player (questionable) counts for nothing if he doesn't do as what is required of him.

The main point I am making is no-one on here can claim truly claim (yes, me included) whether McGhee is being stupid or not because no-one on here has all the facts to hand.

I thinks that might be the firt time I have agreed with you Mr Large :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leon Knight could be arguably our most skillful player, but he is a long way short of out best player.

I would not drop him though. I would be inclined to play him a deeper role, but I could understand if MM was to drop him as Frutos and Carole I would prefer in the wide midfield positions, and Jake Robinson could partner CKR upfront and there might not be room for him ???

larus

The Large One said:

Beat me too it.

I was thinking this myself earlier. So many people go on about how the decision is based upon what happened when he was subbed, we dont't know that.

Last season, we all assumed that the relationship between LK & MM was irretrievably broken down and he would be off at the end of the season. Well, I don't think anone would say now that the relationship is bad. It may not be perfect (I can't comment on that), but it seems at the very minimum to be cordial. LK has also said that he would like a longer contract. If he hated the manager, he would be looking to get out.

MM has got LK playing better than last season. His work ethic is better and the diving around has stopped. If he feels that he needs to re-exert his authority over him again, then I'll back that decision. I don't see what happens on the other 6 days of the week, therefore I am willing to put my faith in a manager who, although not perfect, has done a great job in very difficult circumstances.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Win and McGhee is an astute manager, lose and he is a muppet, no doubt

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
HT - McGhee is a muppet at the moment, obviously :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
McPhee will change the game soon.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
I didn't say how.

Joking aside, at Burnley last season McPhee and Robinson were excellent 2nd half, but I'd like to see El Turi given a run out today.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I can take the McGhee is a wanker for dropping Leon comments coming up :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here